ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Correct

dk

911 GTS Cab
f**king gets on my tits does auto correct, keeps changing esx servers to sex servers which isn't great when emailing customers!

should be able to add words to the dictionary and delete them too.

Why don't people just read the text before sending it? Never have much of a problem with autocorrect TBH. If you're actually aware of what you're doing, it's quite easy to see that it's about to correct the word for you, and cancel it. Personally I think it helps more often than it hinders.

Lol at nailed the teacher.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Why don't people just read the text before sending it? Never have much of a problem with autocorrect TBH. If you're actually aware of what you're doing, it's quite easy to see that it's about to correct the word for you, and cancel it. Personally I think it helps more often than it hinders.

Lol at nailed the teacher.

I think a lot of iPhone users are young enough to not have the same iPhone routine as you Roy

Get iPhone, write text
Realise you can't see s**t
Rummage in man purse for reading glasses. Tricky, in mountain of blood pressure meds.
Forget where iPhone is, spend next ten minutes finding.
Read text, send text. Done.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
It's not that i don't read the text, its because half way through the word you can see it's all fine and it's not until a few sentences later you realise it changed what you said completely.

I shouldn't have to proof read my own bloody texts, especially when typing in full sentences. If i was using **** fair enough, but i don't.

Look what you're doing then. It clearly tells you it's about to correct a word, and it's easy to cancel it. It's not difficult TBH. Have you considered how often it corrects words, correctly, that you typed in, incorrectly?

Last edited:
  Scirocco 2.0 tsi
slavery-autocorrect.jpg

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I think if you type and press space after a word quickly it autocorrects without giving the option to cancel. I find it cant handle 'nom nom nom' at all and wants to change nom to a selection of different words.

There is always the option to turn autocorrect off anyway, but I find it helps more than hinders.

Mk2 Golf GTI
I only just realised that if you hit delete after an auto-corrected word and take the cursor back to the end of the word, it gives you a list of possible corrections, including the one you initially typed. saves re-typing the whole word again.

Mk2 Golf GTI
You just double tap any underlined word.

I mean a word that's been auto-corrected and is no longer underlined. instead of deleting the whole word, just hit delete until the cursor is at the end of the word and a list pops up with whatever you initially typed, plus some other suggestions.

Lol. Always seems to do it on the last word as well, so you've clicked "send" and there is nothing you can do!

Dynamique
To add a word to Autocorrect write it out at least three times (clicking the x on any corrections it suggests) then it should save it. And the more you write that word over any other suggestions it will learn to use the most popular one.

Trouble is that it works ok 95% of the time!

It works ok 100% of the time. If people pay attention to what they're doing of course. I still can't see what's so difficult about keeping an eye out for the auto correction box, and not using the suggestion. It's almost as easy as breathing.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
If you cancel the auto correct enough it learns your word. My old one was perfect for me. But since getting my new one its all been downhill.

I know a lot of people have the problem of typing a c or a z after a text instead of "x" but now mine has got to the point where even if i do press "x" properly, it still auto corrects to a c :(

It annoys me how I have to choose not! to have the word.

If I wanted a different word i'd have typed it, turned it off about 3 years ago and can type better than anyone I know on the iphone. No achievement I know, but if you dont use the auto correct you fast learn to get it right.