ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Glym - Opinions?

FF Clio 182
Where I work all we sell is this stuff, we do a little bit if car plan but this is our main car product.

I am after people's opinions on the product. I ask as I know they are in most shops that sell car cleaning products, are they good that everyone has them or are they just a generic product to carry. I seen a couple of different products I think look good and have recently used there rapid detailer.

So main question is, is it just run of the mill stuff or is there companies that do better stuff? I know there is Auto Finesse and Maguiars, I heard good things about them but they a little bit more harder to get hold of.

Thanks

133/225/CLS AMG
For most people it's more than good enough, in fact you'll find most detailers will have some kind of AG products in their collection.

Every detailer need a bottle of Super Resin Polish for a start (as already said), their Fast Glass glass cleaner is actually very good, the Rubber and Vinyl care is good for interior trim and I've heard very good things about their HD Wax.

On my list of things to avoid would be their Aqua Wax, got absolutely no benefit from it at all. Also their Rapid Detailer is fine as a clay lube but as a drying aid/quick detailer I wasn't impressed.

As was my reply in the angry mans thread (now deleted), AG products are fine. They're budget, mass market, Jo public products.

This means there are better products, which cost more. Much like Renaults and Audis and Ferraris.

PB Clio 172
For most people it's more than good enough, in fact you'll find most detailers will have some kind of AG products in their collection.

Every detailer need a bottle of Super Resin Polish for a start (as already said), their Fast Glass glass cleaner is actually very good, the Rubber and Vinyl care is good for interior trim and I've heard very good things about their HD Wax.

On my list of things to avoid would be their Aqua Wax, got absolutely no benefit from it at all. Also their Rapid Detailer is fine as a clay lube but as a drying aid/quick detailer I wasn't impressed.

I find the AG aqua wax a very good product

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
super resin polish,extra gloss protection great value for money. the glass polish is excellent.
bumper and trim is ok dont last very long.
body work shampoo and intensive tar remover are rubbish.

the new formulations are a big improvement over originals.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I used to use it until I discovered Turtle Wax Color Magic, people slate the stuff but the beading and shine is pretty epic, the Machine Cleaner in a spray bottle is quite good for wheels but nothing like Purple Wonderwheels, the good stuff they make is the ones that come in a black box with red lettering, normally in a locked cabinet in most places but overpriced, just a name really.

RS Clio 200
Pretty good entry level stuff I would say.. personally since i've started using Autofinesse I've become a big fan of their products.. worth a look at!

I used to use it until I discovered Turtle Wax Color Magic, people slate the stuff but the beading and shine is pretty epic, the Machine Cleaner in a spray bottle is quite good for wheels but nothing like Purple Wonderwheels, the good stuff they make is the ones that come in a black box with red lettering, normally in a locked cabinet in most places but overpriced, just a name really.

Actually, I'll admit to that. The Engine and Machine cleaner is a good, ph neutral APC for wheels/engine bay/shuts etc if you haven't got anything else to hand or run out and need to pop to a shop (Halfrauds).

02' 172 cup
They do a good range of products for those who are new to the game, but as mentioned, there are far superior products out there for similar prices. I like the scent of their odour eliminator spray, it's the only product I use now from the range..