ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Lights / Wipersro

Renault Clio
Hi,
I recently purchased a Clio 182 FF and I believe my car should have auto lights and wipers?
Is it possible someone has had a normal windscreen fitted and thrown the sensor away and tucked the wire up into the headlining?
I'm asking as I seem to have no intermittent wipe and all the information I've read suggests Clio 182's with Xenons, Climate and Cruise Control should have Auto Wipers and Lights?

Any help will be appreciated :)

Renault Clio
Nope there is not light or rain sensor near the rear view mirror.
Am I right in saying it should have if the car has climate, cruise and xenon?

WRX
There is a way to turn them on or off. Worth a try to rule out first:
Put the ignition to position 2 and turn your lights on and off quickly twice. Should hear a beep.

Renault Clio
OK will that work without the sensor on the window I assume? As the UCH is still programmed to do that?

WRX
You'd probably still get the beep but I don't know how it will affect their operation. Might just be constantly on or off I guess.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I think the A/W and auto lights are a great feature

Have you tried flashing when using auto lights or putting fog lights on? The rain sensor isn't sensitive enough, when its raining fine, they dont wipe - its dangerous tbh!