ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Autoglass windscreen repair/renewell???

Clio Sport 172
Guys,
I got a 02 172 and have a chip/crack in my windscreen, I have insurance with Tesco and it costs me £10 to have autoglass to repair my windscreen....

If I need a new windscreen due to the position of the crack/chip, will autoglass fit the correct one for this Clio, as Im sure I read a post on here a while back about autoglass not fitting the correct screens to the sports.....

Any info much appreciated, as want to get it done SOON AS with this cold snap about......

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
what screen wouldn't be right?
i have an autoglass screen, fitted for two years now, no problems. tho it ain't a sport i guess lol!

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
i didn't realise that they differed. i paid 200 quid for mine btw, and that was half price as an RAC member, my insurance didn't cover it :(

Clio Sport 172
ye I read a post on here and it said something about where the rain sensitive wiper sensor goes on the screen, and this windscreen they offered didnt support that sensor....or something along those lines....

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
iirc they stick your current one on the new screen, and say it may not work properly.