ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Automatic Wipers

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I have a clio 172, does anyone else find that the automatic wipers are crap! i cant get them to work at all really!!!

the windscreen has been replaced at some point could this have something to do with it?

clio v6
Technosmash said:
I have a clio 172, does anyone else find that the automatic wipers are crap! i cant get them to work at all really!!!

the windscreen has been replaced at some point could this have something to do with it?

they may have put in a screen without the sensor...but if you read your hand book..there may be a way of swithching them on...

1998 BMW e46 323i
I find I have to use them once, at first after switching the ignition on ie. I have to move the stalk out of auto and back to auto,.. then after this they're generally really good; only had to override them a few times, and only had phantom rain the once (the wipers were wiping, but there was no rain).

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
the wipers do auto wipe, when the stalk is in the correct position, whenever they feel like it. so there is defo a sensor there.

its does say in the manual that u have to reset it to position "A" then back to position "B", every time the ignition is switched on

i think i will get the dealer to have a look at it, needs to go in any ways cos i need new batteries in my fobs

cheers lads