ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

b*****d locking nuts/keys.

S1 16v 106 Rallye
Yesterday it took me and my mate over 5 hours to fit two rear g-max damper to my mk1 clio thanks to shitty, cheap, damn wolfrace locking keys ><

In the end I had to hammer a socket as hard as possible onto the key then tomorow i'm going to have to go get the socket welded to the key so I can remove the front two alloys when I come to do my front sus :( What a piss take. ;(

Mégane RS
pain in the arse they are lol

thing is a thief would of had them off in much shorter time lol

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i did the exact same thing on a set of brand new powder coated black alloys, when bangin on th socket i missed and smacked the rim flaking the new paint off - great day that was :)

S1 16v 106 Rallye
I could have cried when I chipped the paint. :(

And it gets better, I went to get some white paint for my arches on my car, and took the 4 lines on the plate under the bonnet (drivers side) and my reg plate to halfords to have my colour mixed. They said they neded the colour and gave me renaults number. I rang renault and asked them for the code and gave them my reg number. They said they couldnt find my reg number but told me it was the middle 3 numbers on the 3rd line on the plate. (these being 384 or something, i forget) - so I go BACK to halfords and give them the 3 numbers. They say thered 9 shades of white under those 3 numbers and needed some other letters. I ring renault again and they say they only have one colour under those 3 numbers and tried to get me to pay £80 for can of bloody paint in that colour when halfords were going to do me the same sized can for a tenner. Total bullshit so I hand the phone to the guy at halfords and he tries to get the numbers off them. They end up saying something like 'we don't know what the numbers you need are but we can supply the colour he needs for £80' so I hung up and halfords suggested I check motorworld. I go to motorworld and they have a sheet with a few colour codes. On there has Renault > Clio > White > My 3 numbers + the factory code and the name 'Glacier White' at the same sided can for a fiver. Their shelf is full of all the colours on the sheet appart from my colour. Out of 100's of cans, they don't have my colour in stock. Got to check back a 3pm tomorow to see if they have the order in. Un..beleivable ><

BMW 330D
Kinsella said:
i did the exact same thing on a set of brand new powder coated black alloys, when bangin on th socket i missed and smacked the rim flaking the new paint off - great day that was :)

:eek:
exactly the same happened to me lol

S1 16v 106 Rallye
Not that anyones interested, I did take a picture of them on, because i'm sad ;(

05022005ca3.jpg

Ignore the overspray in the arch. I'm sorting that soon. Also, ignore the rusty arm and drum. That'll get sorted one day. :p