ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in a Clio!

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Replaced the Megane with a Clio 220 Trophy. Absolutely loved the Megane and will probably get another but it was time to change. Scrathing an itch with the semi auto thing, enjoying it so far. Obviously the Clio has less power than the Meg but she still goes well, the brakes are particularly strong. Anyway, it's good to be back.

20210225_142309.jpg

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
One passed me yesterday in liquid yellow. Sounded nice.

I’m not sold on the Semi auto for a hot hatch (I have an m140 with one but I think it suits that car). But the latest clios do look nice and go well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
There’s something about MK4 RS Clio’s in Flame Red that is very understated. They seem to blend well with the non-RS models.

good choice!

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Wheels getting refurbed tomorrow as part of the deal, thinking a dark anthracite in gloss. Any suggestions welcome. Black badges ordered and currently plastdipping the exhaust tips. Not trying to make it look like an Akrapovic but they do look better black. It's had a mid silencer delete so sounds pretty sweet for what it is.

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
One passed me yesterday in liquid yellow. Sounded nice.

I’m not sold on the Semi auto for a hot hatch (I have an m140 with one but I think it suits that car). But the latest clios do look nice and go well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm with you on the semi auto thing but wanted to try it. Just been using it manual regardless of which mode it's in, keeps you engaged.

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
There’s something about MK4 RS Clio’s in Flame Red that is very understated. They seem to blend well with the non-RS models.

good choice!
Had to be Flame red or Black for me, hopefully it won't show the dirt as much as my black ones.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks lovely, really would like one of these. Really enjoyed a drive in a 200t so the 220 must be better. Enjoy!

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Got the wheels done in Gunmetal grey after some deliberation, happy with the results.
20210302_102130.jpg
20210302_102121.jpg
20210302_100321.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looks brilliant this, interested to hear what it sounds like with the mid box delete, is that a standard mod on 220's? Also random question but what are these like space wise in the front and back?

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Looks brilliant this, interested to hear what it sounds like with the mid box delete, is that a standard mod on 220's? Also random question but what are these like space wise in the front and back?
Sounds decent enough. Pretty quiet in normal mode but does burble a lot. Makes that farty sound on the up shifts in sport/race which is a good laugh. No droning on the motorway which is a plus! I'm sure if I take the back seats out (like I did in the Megane) it would sound even better! Space in the front is good but the rear isn't great to be honest, I'm 6ft3" though so no space behind me which is fair enough. Boot is a good size, smaller than the Megane but much more accessible. Just waiting for lockdown to end so I can head to Northumberland/Cumbria to get to know her better. ;)

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Pretty standard mod I believe, straight pipe is £55 on ebay plus probably £20 to fit.

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Take it yours hasn't got Bose then? My boot is tiny!
No mate, would have been nice but the standard system is OK if you don't play it too loud! 😆
Got Android auto which is handy and will get the Rs monitor put on by Stage X. Want the steering in constant sport/race mode, it's too light in normal mode.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
No mate, would have been nice but the standard system is OK if you don't play it too loud! 😆
Got Android auto which is handy and will get the Rs monitor put on by Stage X. Want the steering in constant sport/race mode, it's too light in normal mode.
RS monitor is DIYable if you're handy with a PC and some basic electronic knowledge