ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in the fold with a 182

Hi all,
Back in the fold with a new 182 project. Had a few mk1 'valvers' around 10 years ago so I've always had a soft spot for the Clio. Had some great fun in them and even went over to 'the ring' with a group of members which was great fun.

I picked this up yesterday, it needs some work but overall I'm happy with it, especially as it was only £700!

The plan is to build it and enter in to the production plus tricolore series next season so I'll start a thread in the project section soon.

I can't work out how to link pictures from photobucket, tried for around 15 mins then gave up so any help on that would be great.

Look forward to meeting some of you.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You can attach them directly to the forum which is a lot easier i've found. Otherwise you want the 'img' url on photobucket. You'll have to click on the photos one by one and it should be under 'share' i believe.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I used to get photos from Photobucket but it's an ass. The upload image is far easier especially on the phone

IMG_0398.JPG
IMG_0397.JPG

Got it, thanks guys.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looks clean mate, needs a cup spoiler though ;) Van looks ace too, much of a build on that?

Thanks. what does the cup spoiler look like then?
I build camper vans for a living, this was just a panel van around 6 weeks ago. It is for sale

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Holy s**t that's ace! I knew there was something hiding in the back. Love the neon cabinet lights. Should put some on the clio.

Haha, maybe not under lighting for the Clio, unless it makes it faster of course.
I see, so cup spoiler is raised profile slightly. I was led to believe it was a cup model so I wonder why it doesn't have it?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Might only be cup packed. Meaning it's running different suspension and anthracite wheels. However the other cup pack (Splitter and spoiler) wasn't fitted. Someone with more knowledge might know better than me.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cup packed cars come with the spoiler wheels and splitter. The way you can tell with the suspension is the bolt spacing. 54mm is normal 60mm is hero, the best, god like cup packed suspension cars. People have mentioned going from 54mm to 60mm but it's an ass and you would never tell the difference in the drive.

I see, thanks for info. Just looked through paperwork. Original Renault sales invoice states that its a cup so unsure why it doesn't have spoiler. Not really bothered tbh.

Thanks for comparison pics. Will get it on the ramp at some point this week and measure the front strut bolt centres to confirm what suspension it has.