ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad radiator leak.

Yozza'd RB cup
Hi My car has been losing coolant slowly since I have owned it (month or so) but recently it has been loosing water very quickly I have to top it up from min every 50 miles or so!

Obviously this is less than ideal

It has a new radiator on it so I don't think it is that It drips from the nearside bottom corner of the radiator I think it may be the bottom hose but i cant see :(

Does anyone have any ideas where it could be? Is it a common fault?

Cheers

James

Mk5 golf gti
Run it and see where its leaking from?

some times the clips on the hoses corrode away or you could have a fine split in the pipe
id top it up leave it runnging and dive underneath till you can pinpoint where its coming from

is it definatley leaking?

as in it isnt using the water itself?

Yozza'd RB cup
100% leaking as it is pissing /dripping after i get out mate only when its hot when its cooled off and theres no pressure it doesn't leak

clio_leak.jpg

The drip is in the center of the picture

also my air-con radiator is nakerd too but will be replaced

Last edited:
  RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Mate, check to see if the fan housing has rubbed against the vain's.

Mines done that and i repaired it with putty metal.

clio 172
hi peeps,im new to the site :approve: i also seem to be suffering the same sort of leak! my heaters seem to have stopped blowing warm air aswell though,is this normal? im just hoping it isnt a h.gasket problem,car hasnt lost any power,isnt smoking and no cream inside of the oil cap.

cheers