ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Barcelona 2012

I've just got back from Barcelona! Excellent city - it's great for nooby togs like myself. I also bought and used a Tamron 10-24mm wide angle and a black rapid RS-Sport 2 strap whilst there. I've done a writeup of my thoughts on those on my blog.

Here are some of my favourite shots:

7802245944_7ddd7b2130_z.png

Torre Agbar by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7802251814_53e3fafbf2_z.png

la Barceloneta Sunset by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7802252808_f93a0b74e2_z.png

Water Jet Pack by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7802256896_7cb9e2ec33_z.png

Olympic Park, Barcelona by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7802258012_560f57605d_z.png

Olympic Park, Barcelona by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7802265520_b62e7d248b_z.png

Pedal Trike by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7802266752_43f13a3f98_z.png

Barcelona Food Market by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7802271194_ced1954085_z.png

Sagrada Familia by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7802274848_96f23db77a_z.png

Foutain at Placa Catalunya by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7802276574_a34b935d8d_z.png

ALIEN! by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7802277700_92c6f1bfda_z.png

Casa Batlló by Tom Cash, on Flickr

There's another 15 on my Flickr Set. Thanks for looking!

Tom.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Great set. Great city. Just gone through your Flickr set, some crackers in there! Did you get any more from the market? Its such a good place for photography.

Did you go up to the top of Casa Batallo? The roof top is amazing! As is the view from the top of the Sagrada Familia.

Really need to get back there again! Might try to convince the Mrs that we should go soon!

Thanks man. :D

I didn't get too many of the market, no. You're right though, it's so colourful and busy! After seeing it I made a special detour on our second day just to go back with my wide angle.

We didn't go up Batllo, no. We went up the Padrera, but my pictures were rubbish. Gaudis work is so good, I can't believe I'd not heard of him. We bought a book on his work - there's a whole other holiday to be had, just to see all of his works!

Pictures are awesome.

Loved Barcelona when I went last year. Stayed in the Hotel in picture 2 actually.

Wish I had more time to take some picture when I went though.

Cheers fellas!

Hugo, you must! It's awesome. I preferred it to my last two Euro city holidays, Paris and Rome.

There's just so much to do. I could easily go back and have a whole different type of holiday.

Nice use of a wide angle Tom, although I'd clone those cranes out!

I too have the Tamron 10-24 lens and its best at 10mm f5.6-8. Its pretty poor wide open to be honest but stopped down is very sharp in the central region, but the corners never really become sharp which isn't a problem for me as I don't put my subject in the corners! Great lens for the money and it made me a Tamron 'trio' with the 17-50 2.8 and 70-300 usd.

Cheers man! I toyed with the idea of removing the cranes, but left it because it's part of the fame of the Sagrada Familia.

Cheers for the advice man. I tried it at f8 (wide open) yesterday at Wawrick Castle, so I'll see how those look a little later on. I might mess with the aperture and try some test shots...

Like you say, for the money it's a great lens! It was over 100 euros cheaper than the equivalent Sigma and less than half the price of the Canon.

Tamron can't be too bad if you've gone and got yourself three of 'em!

Great city, went a few years ago.
Like the photos, but particularly the one of the market which is very atmospheric!