ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bargain of the century! LOL

Was over my local hardware store today, and spotted these...

CIMG2259.jpg

CIMG2260.jpg

I have no idea if its a good make or not, and dont really care, as i just popped out to the car and tried the hard wax on the front wing quickly, and it looks spanking. So i shall be giving the CUP a good wash, polish and wax tomorrow providing the weather stays nice.

And the bargain wax, cost me a princely sum of £1 per tin! If its as good as it seems to look from my test, im going back during the week to pick up a load more and keep it in stock!

Well, i've been out on the car most of the day. giving it a good wash.

I used Zymol Shampoo, then dried with autoglym chamois, then polished with AG SRP, and then i started to do the car with the Hard wax (TFF WAX). I put a good layer on the roof, and it was far to tough to take off by hand, and i couldnt be bothered to get the PC out, and do it with that. So i switched to the Soft Wax (FST WAX), that went on lovely, and came off lovely.

Here are the results. so for a quid, im going to go and buy a load more of the fast wax, as its brilliant for the money. And seems to have given it a good UV/water protective layer.

CIMG2269.jpg

CIMG2268.jpg

CIMG2267.jpg

CIMG2266.jpg

CIMG2265.jpg

CIMG2264.jpg

Mazda MX5 1.8
i tried to use some of that on my bumper once

was like friggin candle wax! couldnt get the stuff off lol

The hard wax, is very hard work. And Im sure it would come up much nicer with the PC polisher, but it is far to much hard work by hand. However i bet it gives one hell of a protection when its put on properly.

The water just ran off the paint where i tested it yesterday, i was very impressed.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
think u missed a bit.
anyone use one of those buffers for £20 odd? they any good or as much use as stephen hawkings footie boots?

ballbag - I've used a cheap buffer before, and to be honest, unless they are the handheld type like a PC, they are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, as they are to big and bulky, and just make things harder if anything. You're best off saving up for a few months if you cant afford one now, as even if you are not very good with one (like me), you can still get brilliant results from it.

Clio_Chris - It has been really warm here today, and although the wax is nice and easy to apply, its just once it dries, its the biggest b**ch in the world to get off by hand. Like i said though, with the PC it should come off lovely, and look great.

Its just started raining, and im amazed at how the water is just running off the car now. I've been a bit of a car cleaning nut since i got my first car at 19 (4 years ago), and i've never seen the water run off the paint like it is now. That could be due to not using this type of wax before though. lol

toms_cup said:
im gonna search every pound shop i find lol

I'll sell you my tin for a fiver ;)

Well it rained last night (i knew the nice weather wouldnt last). But the car still looks amazing. The water beaded so well, and from the short drive to work, all of the water just ran off the car, got to work and it looked like i'd just polished it.

172 Cup
Got some of that for xmas, but have been too scared to use it, think i might try it out now!! Bloody cheapskates who bought it tho!! lol