ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bb vs k-tec

Nippy white cup

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 02 February 2005

there both running scared of my "under construction" clio 282 and j3neds clio tt 280 (which will be terrorising the uk on tuesday!!!)
Ill see you there on tuesday m8. Ill bring a camera and film it on the rollers...should turn a few heads!

Chris

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I have a closed type induction kit on my MR2 turbo - think I should ditch it lads?

Its an MS Designs (IIRC As it was there when I bought it)

With regards to the topic, I have been to BB an a number of occasions and found them very helpful, very professional, reasonably priced and well set up and established. I had 2 different cars r/r there as well as a mates and all 3 made the expected power down to the nearest bhp.

If they were to open up to working on more cars Id be taking my MR2 there but as yet they only sell bits for other cars.

John at Torsion Tuning is the first person to convert a MK1 Clio to GTT and I believe he gave our very own Andy (GDI) a hand. Andy now does these conversions as well and seeing some of the jobs on here is very good at it!

(Correct me if Im wrong there)

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 02 February 2005

there both running scared of my "under construction" clio 282 and j3neds clio tt 280 (which will be terrorising the uk on tuesday!!!)

smokey, vipers and BMCs can only flow enough air for 250bhp +/- a wee tad

seriously, ive looked into this, best bet is to use a BIG filter in a heat sheild (like the systems used on big power cossises, evos etc)

do you see rally cars using vipers??? nope, they use cone/cylinder filters in a heat shield (my mate is now a development engineer at prodrive)

if its a big issue, f**k it, just turn the boost up!!! :devilish:
If the filter is a restriction you should deffo replace it. Turning the boost up with restriction may cause increased inlet temp, higher chance of det and increased EG temps, thus leaving less power and a molten engine.

Doubt the filter is actually much of a restriction tho, but worth investigating.

Heres mine:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/PaulJ/KN.jpg

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 02 February 2005

so ya comin ??
im there!!!!! southam, got the postcode???

mr2 turbo?? hum, i would remove it and try just a cone (my mate runs a saxo VTR filter on his)