ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BBC One HD to launch Autumn 2010

172 Cup
The BBC today announces it will be launching a simulcast of BBC One in high definition (HD) this Autumn.

BBC One HD, which will simulcast a network version of the BBC One schedule for the first time, will see some of the BBC's most loved programmes including EastEnders, Holby City, The One Show, The Apprentice, The Weakest Link and QI move to HD by the end of the year. They will be broadcast alongside Autumn schedule highlights including Strictly Come Dancing, Human Planet and Waterloo Road.

Plans are also underway for HD moves for Songs Of Praise and Casualty, as well as Match Of The Day, A Question Of Sport, and Blue Peter.

BBC One in HD will be made available to all digital television platforms offering HD channels – Freesat, Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media.

It will be in addition to the existing BBC HD channel, which will showcase the best of the rest of the BBC in HD. It is also announced today that the BBC HD Channel itself will extend its regular broadcast hours over the coming months from around nine hours a day to 12.

MOTD in HD. The sooner the better.

172 Cup
What about F1?

According to BBC -

We will not be able to provide F1 coverage in high definition this year. The BBC relies on Formula 1 Management (FOM) for the provision of all of its live pictures and as such the broadcasting of high definition pictures is dependent upon whether FOM uses HD cameras or not.

Megane 225 F1
Eastenders in HD? People are going to pay to see that? Its like watching the election debate in HD. f**king pointless.

172 Cup
Eastenders in HD? People are going to pay to see that? Its like watching the election debate in HD. f**king pointless.

Pay to see it in HD?

People already pay to watch it in SD. It's not going to cost anymore to watch it in HD.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Are you like disabled with you're shyness issues and eyesight issues? ;)

Megane 225 F1
I can't tell the difference between SD and HD.

My poor eyesight doesn't help.

Same here. If i sit and watch a film in SD at home and then watch the same film somewhere else on HD, it wouldnt look any different.

Only way is for me to see both side by side (like they used to in shops, but now they dont as they are all HD). And lets face it, when do you ever see a SD tv next to a HD tv.

Pay to see it in HD?

People already pay to watch it in SD. It's not going to cost anymore to watch it in HD.

I hate tv licesnes :(

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Same here. If i sit and watch a film in SD at home and then watch the same film somewhere else on HD, it wouldnt look any different.

Only way is for me to see both side by side (like they used to in shops, but now they dont as they are all HD). And lets face it, when do you ever see a SD tv next to a HD tv.

I hate tv licesnes :(

Your eyes must be seriously fucked if you can't tell the difference

Megane 225 F1
Your eyes must be seriously f**ked if you can't tell the difference

I can if they are side by side, but picture quality doesnt really bother me so i dont really tke notice when watchin tv or a film. However, the tv i have is 540p which AFAIK isnt even HD. My mate got ripped off when he bought that pile of crap.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I can if they are side by side, but picture quality doesnt really bother me so i dont really tke notice when watchin tv or a film. However, the tv i have is 540p which AFAIK isnt even HD. My mate got ripped off when he bought that pile of crap.

Yeah, if you don't have a HD TV you won't get any benefit

dk

911 GTS Cab
bout time they did this, casualty should be in HD, the apprentice already is so not sure why they announced that one, it does look stunning in HD too, the night shots of london are devine.

The F1 thing, apparently FOM are actually filming in HD this year, and i believe there is a tv network broadcasting in it already, i was led to believe is was down to the cost bernie was charging for why it wasn't on the BBC?

ITV are ramping up their HD content now too, i see britains got talent is in hd next week.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i am a bit confused.

will my tv that has a freeview thing built in be able to get this in HD? my tv is 1080p samsung one.

dk

911 GTS Cab
only if it has the new freeviewHD built in, which is only really tv's from this year.

you will need freesat otherwise which is through a dish.

I can't tell the difference between SD and HD.

My poor eyesight doesn't help.

Hai Ray!

ray_charles_microphone_backwards.jpg

The difference is unreal!