ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BC DS spring rates advice for track please!?

Merc E class
I’m starting building a track day 182. I’ve picked that BC DS is a good suspension swap - but I see a lot of different spring rates available.
has anyone fitted these to a track oriented 182, what spring do people recommend?
car won’t be used on road much
cheers
steve

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I’m 7/8kg although I would like the front stiffer but I would have to get the valving changed I believe. I bought what was advertised at the time as the ‘track day’ set which originally came with 5/8kg :(

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
9/8 here, but need to play around with the damping more to set it up just right.

I’m 7/8kg although I would like the front stiffer but I would have to get the valving changed I believe. I bought what was advertised at the time as the ‘track day’ set which originally came with 5/8kg :(
You can go to 9 kgs without changing the valving. I went the other way - swapped my 9 kgs springs for 7 kgs.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
not without replacing the damper inserts anyway - thats £100 each roughly.
I run my Clio on what would be a 9kg spring at full weight. It could go a little stiffer but I'm not sure at Brands it was necessary.
If you are stripping the chassis I dont think the car needs more than that unless running slicks.
I can help on supply. Certainly we dont offer 5kg front springs as a track setup :D
www.kamracing.co.uk