ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

beeping when locking door

locked my car this morning after about a 10minute drive, and the alarm beeped approx 3 or 4 times?

unlocked it then locked it again and it didnt beep?
whats it mean?

Renault Laguna Coupe

It means the door wasnt properly closed when you locked it the first time. Or at least, the alarm thought it wasnt!

its a fault, details below

Problem: When locking the vehicle the alarm beeps 2 or 3 times!

Reason: The alarm system has received a signal from the vehicle ECU that the ignition is on causing the alarm to beep. This signal is only received by the alarm for 3 to 4 seconds, after this time has elapsed the alarm stops beeping.

Solution: This problem can only be resolved at your local Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the Renault alarm help line and quote reference RS+15, we will then inform them of the modification to be done under warranty.

Please note that this problem will not cause the alarm system to false trigger and is intermittent.

182_blue, ive had VERY good reports of my local renault dealer..

its a family run business of older people and they look after their customers unlike dixons etc which are full of young apprentices who dont give a tos about anyone or their cars.

oh and they stock the elf oil which hardly anyone seems to stock!

thanks for the help, is there a list of common faults with free fixes? booked in on the 18th for its first service so will try and get asmuch done as possible!

[Edited by GuyS on 01 July 2005 at 6:37pm]

Ford Fiesta

it can be fixed, renault bradford sorted TonyRS182s first time. get them to phone cobra and they will be told how to fix it

Clio 182, Audi A3

When you disable the alarm (as when leaving a dog in the car) and turn the ignition on and off a couple of times before removing the key, the car beeps a few times when you lock it, so you know the alarms off.

mine used to do this but i make sure the doors are shut before locking them now and all is fine. locking the doors too soon after you shut them confuses the french machine lol

when i took the 182 in for its service i gave them the fault code, that rs+15 and told them it beeps when locking doors and theres a modification to do

when i picked my car up they said theyve adjusted the bonnet alarm pin to cure the fault..

but it still does the beeping 2-4 times occasionally like before.

going to go back in again when i can get time.

black gold 182

is this common fault then,ive only had my car about 3-4 weeks,it started doing this about a week after i had it,but just thought it was to do with trying to lock the car to soon.

Mine does this to. Not every time you look the doors right?! Intermittantly every now and then ???

If so I think ill take mine to the dealer to sort out. Cheers for the heads up 182_Blue

Lee

BMW M2C

My 182 did it and they never fixed it.

When I collected the Trophy the sales guy locked it and commented on it, I told him to book it in for me. lol

Its still doing it now.

Focus RS,Golf GTD

mine does it too. 1 week old today. my 172 used to do itbut took it in and they did something to the passenger door lock assy and that cured it. should take mine back but if it has no bad effects on the alarm it seems a waste of time. does the alarm still function correctly if it beeps when armed?

clio 182 black /gold

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 01 July 2005

its a fault, details below

Problem: When locking the vehicle the alarm beeps 2 or 3 times!

Reason: The alarm system has received a signal from the vehicle ECU that the ignition is on causing the alarm to beep. This signal is only received by the alarm for 3 to 4 seconds, after this time has elapsed the alarm stops beeping.

Solution: This problem can only be resolved at your local Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the Renault alarm help line and quote reference RS+15, we will then inform them of the modification to be done under warranty.

Please note that this problem will not cause the alarm system to false trigger and is intermittent.

I had this and i printed this result out and gave it to them. They said wow that is very usefull do you mind if we copy that and keep it for future reference.