ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beginners slr camera

vers le haut doigt milieu
Nikon D40, as the lenses are better then the cannon ones and when you get more experianced you can just upgrade the body.

VaVa
Nikon D40, as the lenses are better then the cannon ones and when you get more experianced you can just upgrade the body.

lol

That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation. And the D40 has no body motor thus the choice of lens is restricted somewhat in terms of autofocus.

I'd say D50 or 400D personally

What's your budget?

yeah but a good generalisation, D50 is better, depends what ur budget is and you don't need autofocus...(just joking I recommend for beginners you have it)

VaVa
I don't think it does any harm to have a go at manual focusing - Indeed autofocus is not fool proof, but I wouldn't be without it.

cause, I was just playing for a beginner I recomend its something ur camera should have.

The amount of lenses that will auto focus on the D40/D60 is getting longer and longer. Nikon lenses focus really quickly and the VR is excellent!!

Cupra
Either the base Canon or Nikon, up to personal preference really.

1000D/ 400D - Canon
D40/ D40x/ D50 - Nikon

£150 for an SLR!!! Unless you pick up a 2nd hand bargain, you just cant get one for that price!!! Cheapest new SLR is the D40 and thats on Amazon for around £230!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i was thinking more around the £150 mark guys!!

You could probably pick up a 2nd hand canon 10d for that price, i still use one, have had it for 4 years now and it has never let me down. the 10/20/30/40 range etc is better than the 300/350/400 range as when they were released they were sold as semi pro / heavy amateur camera retailing around £1000, the benefit of this is they have a magnesium body so the build quality is much more sturdy than the plastic body on the 300 - 450 range.

the 10d is 6.3megapixel but dont let that put you off, its not all about megapixel. the camera will only ever be as good as the glass in front of it. so there is no point having 22 megapixel and a crap lens on it.