ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

being a b**ch to start

1.5 Clio Dynamique
got a mk2 ph1 clio and its being a t**t to start as its taking longer than normal

any ideas

spark plugs / ht leads maybe??

TDC Sensor mate. Had these problems with mine.

Under the bonnet underneath the throttle body there is a sensor on a banana shaped holder with 2 bolts either side. It should have a blue top as this is a common problem on them and the new part is blue. Old part is black. If its black, get it changed asap as its faulty and a common problem. You need the sensor and the wiring loom, about £25-30 from renault.

If its blue then take it off and give it a clean up with carb cleaner, see if that helps.

1.5 Clio Dynamique
Re: being a b**ch to start

TDC Sensor mate. Had these problems with mine.

Under the bonnet underneath the throttle body there is a sensor on a banana shaped holder with 2 bolts either side. It should have a blue top as this is a common problem on them and the new part is blue. Old part is black. If its black, get it changed asap as its faulty and a common problem. You need the sensor and the wiring loom, about £25-30 from renault.

If its blue then take it off and give it a clean up with carb cleaner, see if that helps.

just out of curiousity what is a tdc sensor / what does it do?

just out of curiousity what is a tdc sensor / what does it do?

the TDC sensor sits on the top of the bell housing to calculate the position of the crankshaft, it reads engine speed and allows the ecu to change injector openings with changes in engine rpm.

Basically tells the ecu when to fire, as its got to be when the crankshaft is at a certain position and obviously if its not feeding this information back, the ecu doesn't know when to fire so it doesn't.

Hope this helps mate, it is a common problem on the Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8vs

172 SPORT PH2

the TDC sensor sits on the top of the bell housing to calculate the position of the crankshaft, it reads engine speed and allows the ecu to change injector openings with changes in engine rpm.

Basically tells the ecu when to fire, as its got to be when the crankshaft is at a certain position and obviously if its not feeding this information back, the ecu doesn't know when to fire so it doesn't.

Hope this helps mate, it is a common problem on the Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8vs

cheers this seems like a problem with mine! im gonna do this next sat! ... do i actually need to take it off fully, and if so, do i need to re position it so it sensors correctly, or does it just sit in one position ?