ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

belts

clio 182 sport
My 182 is in a local garage at the moment getting the belts done its weired im nervous hoping my pride and joy is gonna come back ok

Megane r26
Have they got all the renault timing tools for the job?

Mot 1496 Camshaft setting tool
Mot 1054 TDC setting pin
Mot 1801 Sprocket locking tool
Mot 1509-01 adaptor kit for 1801

And a cam pulley wrench for turning cam pulleys to set the tension.

clio 182 sport
A local garage frasers came well recommended another thing when I get it back should I take it easy for a while

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Oh dear, do they have the correct locking tools or are they using good old tippex?

If its done wrong then you will taking it easy for more than a while mate

Recommended by who?

It's such a key thing to be done right on the Clios that I'd only take it to one of the traders off here.

MKV GTI
Strange thread.

What made you book the car in to a garage were you clearly have zero confidence in them doing the job properly evidant by the two threads you have created.... and yet went ahead and allowed them to do the work anyway?

You should have asked the garage if they had the tools and knowlege before allowing them to touch your car.

Horse bolted springs to mind.

No its not a must. but advised if you don't know the history of sevicing. Neglect in oil change intervals contribute massivley to the dephaser needing to be changed.

clio 182
To be fair.hes had the car from new and always looked after it and the garage thats doing it has done alot of 182 belts and even rebuilt them when the belts have gone.hes just worrying as always.lol

clio 182 sport
Thanks gary I couldnt have put it better myself havnt done dephaser cos its not making a noise and its always had regular services its running mint well happy