ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Berkshire mobile mechanics?

172 cup TT
Hi all - Anyone recommend any in the Berkshire area?.. I thought my clutch cable had snapped but on further investigation dont think it has but rather the pedal linkage has broken away from what ever contraption there is in the footwell that pulls the clutch cable... Any ideas or visits highly appreciated! - ill give you a run in the clio tt if you fix it and i'll pay of course! :)

Ta

172DD Cup
What's your knowledge like? I'm not super hot on diagnosis but Ive done stuff like changing a gearbox, changing steering racks etc

Ill pop over but not 100% when ill have some time will let u know. U got a big light in case its at night time?

sent from my android phone using tapatalk

172 cup TT
Hi chap - yeh feel free. My knowledge isnt great tbh, so-so, changed gear box oil seals recently but dont let that decieve you! ha... no where in the realms of changing a box.

Yeh let me know when you get a bit of time and we can go from there. Not got anything bigger than a torch light-wise mate - but as its just got much much lighter for longer now that would help eh. Pop me a PM when you like.

Cheers

172DD Cup
i can probably come over monday after work. not promising any miracles but at the very least we can compare with mine and see what's missing. i work in reading so can be over for somewhere between 530-6 which will give us an hour and a half or so of light. ill send you a pm

172DD Cup
i kind of passed over the fact you referred to it as a clio tt. i've just been reading your build thread. and you want me to go near it with a socket wrench? i'm honoured :cool:

172 cup TT
haha - Flan takes the credit for the conversion really chap, and unfortunately he is 60 mile away... i can do a little bit but clutch cables / pedal mechanisms are totally alien to me so i really appreciate your time - see you friday mate

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
hahaha - Flan is such a pikey! His TT conversions are starting to get good though now they're for other people.

Is it still running the standard Clio II pedal mech? If so it's an easy enough job providing you enjoy being upside-down in the drivers footwell. New pedal assembly from Renault is around £48 IIRC and is really easy to fit... fiddly but still easy.

Mink

172 cup TT
haha Well mink after paying Flan £37,000 i hope the conversion was good! - I did think it was a bit much but he did give me a full tank of OPTIMAX though! ;)

kidding, but seriously, thanks chap that really helps, Yes its running standard clio pedal mech and the cable. I looked under the footwell the other night and at the top of the clutch pedal there is like a small 2" long gold linkage that is just hanging there loose from the clutch pedal, hopefully the cable is all still good.

Wondering whether i should order a new assembly in now so we can fit it this weekend.. hmm

Last edited:
  Williams20V-306BHP
Mick you joker! your not allowed on Clio Sport... there are no Renault 19's for you to Perv on ;)

Dave, cant belive you broke it so soon!! although it was a std part that broke...nothing to do with me lol you must just be heavy footed....

172 cup TT
ha naa mate nothing to with your work son - it was an old decrepid mechanism coupled with my heavy feet :)