ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best alloy wheels cleaner

hi guys must have been asked many a time but which is the best cleaner for getting majority of dust marks and crap off and leaves a nice clean shine prices and links would be great thanks again

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
A bit controversial , but i use fairy power spray , shifts s**t better than anything else i've ever used :)

Monaco Blue 172
i've just bought some wonder wheels. not used it yet... whatever u do DONT get the turtle wax stuff, its total garbage

106 GTi
I use Autoglym Engine and Machine Cleaner or Meguiars APC as both are acid free and paint work freindly but still shift the grime.

If I really need to use something more aggressive I use Autoglym Clean Wheels.

chers guys thanks for that what about this on ebay item number 330041305480

i really want something that when it gets sprayed on it clears all scum brake dust and dirt etc and rinses to a nice clean shine products i have used in the past dont seem to do this and especially dont give a clean shine so i end up using the spong eon them anyway which is pretty pointless cheers guys...whats cheapest place for meg wheel cleaner

Hyundai coupe
Hot rims at halfords or Wheel brightner from cleanandshiney.co.uk 18 a gallon but u dilute it 4:1 so u dont use much hardly any.

Leon Cupra
The worst things to use are things with acids in, wonder wheels is hydrochloric acid. Some people use washing up liquid which is terrible coz its got salt in it! If your alloys have even the slightest curb mark and you start putting acid or salt in it you're asking for trouble.

For regular use I use CG's Blue wheel cleaner cut 3:1 with water, spray it on, leave for a few mins and just hose off, for harder brake dust deposits I use the same neat, leave it again for a few mins (agitate if needed) and again hose off. Add wheel guard and only normally need water to clean at worst 3:1 cut blue.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You can always dilute the wonder wheels 50/50 same with the fairy power spray .

An easy way to find out if a wheel cleaner is or could be harmful to wheels, especially polished ones.. spray/pour some on your hands and rub it in, ideally have a few small nicks or cuts as well... if you have to wash it off within 5 mins its agressive, if longer than 5 mins its all types of wheel safe.