ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best bug remover?

Black Mk2 172
as above , got a shitload on my front bumper , ive tried turtlewax bug and tar remover to no avail, and hard scrubbing with the usual sponge does nothing much at all, any reccomendations? thanks in advance.

FF 182 w/cup packs
Halfords do this grey sponge with black cloth on one side, it is great at removing bugs without too much effort.

106 GTi
Scott 172 said:
as above , got a sh*tload on my front bumper , ive tried turtlewax bug and tar remover to no avail, and hard scrubbing with the usual sponge does nothing much at all, any reccomendations? thanks in advance.

Just soap and water for me.

I use the Autoglym one on other peoples cars, seems to work well. Autoglym Super Resin Polish then soon removes any left over!

UR 197, AB 182 FF
I have a front bumper, numberplater and headlights full of bugs now. I was thinking very hot water..

Megane225FF
here's what the "experts" have to say
1. Turtle Wax Platinum Series Tar, Tree Sapand Insect Remover - Don't let the mouthful of a title put you off – thiscleaner proved simply astounding. Despite its pungent scent, it got to work fast and managed to shift most of the bugs with only one wipe. After three, the panel was completely spotless and had a smooth, wax-like finish. The instructions recommend rinsing with water and then buffing, but we found this last stage wasn’t required. Our Best Buy

RacerStu said:
Just get a wash mitt. Gets the bugs off a treat no need for all these products IMO

yup, same here.

never have a problem with the bugs when using a wash mit and plenty of soapy water.

Skoda Fabia vRS
Einszett Insect + Pre Cleaner i used recently from Clean and Shiny, but id probably get the Poorboys Bug Squash as its miles better value

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mix up a solution of shampoo and water in a spray bottle , spray the front of the car , this rehydrates and softens all the dried on flies etc ..... then power wash em off . Works everytime .Or if you have no powerwasher a lambswool wash mitt will shift em once they have softened up .

All these bug remover products are a waste of money imo .

Golf GTI PP Mk7
i use a hot rich mix of zymol and water, nice and warm, and an old wash mitt, does the trick a treat.

MRBILLYUK said:
Mix up a solution of shampoo and water in a spray bottle , spray the front of the car , this rehydrates and softens all the dried on flies etc ..... then power wash em off . Works everytime .Or if you have no powerwasher a lambswool wash mitt will shift em once they have softened up .

All these bug remover products are a waste of money imo .

car shampoo or hair shampoo?? :clown:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
specialK said:
car shampoo or hair shampoo?? :clown:

A mixture of water and hair shampoo obviously ! I hear that new hair shampoo from Bernard Manning is sh*t hot . Now let me think , whats it called again ...........??

Oh yeah , i remember now . Its called " wash n fcuk off " , lol ;)

Clio 182
fUbAr said:
yup, same here.

never have a problem with the bugs when using a wash mit and plenty of soapy water.

Yeah the wash mits with the bug remover bit on the other side are excellent.

ST
If the car has a good few coats of wax on the bugs should fall off easily when rinsed tho if there are still a few left they will come off no probs with lambs wool mitt and a quality shampoo....the bug remover mitts are ok on glass but not on paint work 'shudders'....

Liquid R27 067/500
I used this Insect remover spray from Wurth recently which i 'aquired' from my dads work!

Spray it on before you come to wash the car, was the car as usual and rinse off, was excellent! Cant find it for sale anywhere though, will have to have a trip back into my dads work................ hehe