ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best colour to paint an EP3 CTR? Opinions please!

FRS
Right, here's the story..

my cousins offering me his ep3 type r in milano red, 67k on the clock, seen it in the dry today and the paintwork is s**t to be honest, wheels are tatty, panels are faded and have been touched up, dent in boot and rear passenger wing, price is £2,700 , the question i ask is if i buy it which colour should it go, it currently looks like this :

image-17.jpg

image-18.jpg

Not the exact car but very similar, im thinking of putting it either laguna seca blue or phoenix yellow! Thoughts and preferences or avoid car options available :)
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
image-21.jpg
[/FONT]
image-19.jpg

FRS
Im swindling wether to buy it yet, four tyres are shite and wheels need painted too, big £££ to make it lovely! Was also thinking a 172 cup alien green ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Straight lellow. Wouldnt do it LY though, done to death on other cars and only renaults suit it IMO.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Dont go liquid yellow if youre a male.

Id personally respray it the stock Milano colour, or wrap it in a matt/satin blue (google frozen blue BMW M3)

And thats not really cheap if its as bad as described?

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Nissan blue, is it bayside? The skyline blue, lush! Was thinking about this on ours the other day...
But red to blue will look messy if not done properly!

FRS
Agreed about the price, only thing that attracts me to it is the fact its on 67k, the drivers door touch up is really bad, worst ive seen infact, but yeah £2700 is still decent, 12 month mot brand new eibach springs, but ideally four new tyres, paint, so not cheap! Hmm..

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
well the Respray is what £1200, 4x Tyres is £300 so theres £4200....

Around a year ago, I only paid £5,600 for a 55 Plate Cosmic Premier (Arguably the best Colour/Spec combo, with the Recaro seats etc) with 52k miles. It had 6 Months MOT and Tax, Decent tyres (P Zeros with 5mm tread), and the thing was MINT, with the exception of a stone chip on the bonnet and a cracked Honda badge:

After a quick clean:

IMG_2146.jpg

c167a70c.jpg

75a1ff93.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

55f5fc96.jpg

Personally, for a car needing that amount of work, ID be looking for closer to the £2k mark than the £3k mark. It does have some positives, low miles/04 plate, but Id want it cheaper if I was having to put that much work in! Id have thought prices would have dropped to what I paid (unless I got a very good deal?)

Last edited:
  1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Personally, for a car needing that amount of work, ID be looking for closer to the £2k mark than the £3k mark. It does have some positives, low miles/04 plate, but Id want it cheaper if I was having to put that much work in! Id have thought prices would have dropped to what I paid (unless I got a very good deal?)

Trouble is its worth more than 2k to a large number of people who aren't wanting to spray it...
Engine, seats and gearbox are probably worth 2k.
There's a point where the seller simply won't drop any further which is fair enough, they are low miles

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I really don't see the point in buying it.

It will cost you a lot more in the long run than if you just bought a nice one to begin with.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I really don't see the point in buying it.

It will cost you a lot more in the long run than if you just bought a nice one to begin with.

Seeing as this is his second thread about buying this car then i'd guess hes already pretty set on it :p

Yellow would be my choice if it was me.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Enkei Mitsubishi Evo wheels on the blue one, Rota's (I expect ) on the yellow one.