ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best coolant hose clips

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Anyone have any advice on new hose clips, Im going to be replacing my coolant hoses with MTC hoses so thought it would be nice to get new clips too.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
JCS Hi Grip are decent.
Thanks. which ones would you go for? Stainless A2 or A4 ?

These are the options:

HI-GRIP​

Hi-Grip general purpose worm drive hose clips are widely regarded for their quality and durability. They are manufactured to exceed BS5315, which has the highest requirements of any of the international standards and tests sealing ability, clamping force and torque. Also has BSI Kitemark and NATO approval, and exceeds all operational requirements of the relevant DIN and SAE standards.

HI-GRIP ZINC PLATED
small_grey_kite.png

Used for a wide variety of domestic, automotive and industrial applications, the standard Hi-Grip hose clip is made from heavily zinc plated mild steel with additional protection from a passivation layer.

HI-GRIP 304 STAINLESS (A2)
hi_grip_st.png

Hi-Grip stainless steel worm drive hose clips have become the industry standard for demanding applications throughout the world due to their exceptional quality and performance.

Made entirely from 18/8 marine quality stainless steel and with Lloyds Register Approval, they are ideal for salt water and other highly corrosive environments.

HI-GRIP 316 STAINLESS (A4)
hi_grip_st.png

Principally aimed at the marine, food, petro-chemical and pharmaceutical industries, the Hi-Grip 316 hose clip is made entirely from BS316 austenitic stainless steel, providing the the same superior performance as the rest of the Hi-Grip range but with maximum corrosion resistance.

Lloyd’s Register Type Approved for marine, offshore and industrial use.

wing_screw.jpg
HI-GRIP WING SCREW​

Specifically designed for frequently removed hoses, the unique dovetail locking and side lugs of the wing plate ensure excellent sealing and longevity. The soft plastic wing plate cover is kinder to unprotected fingers.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the a2 ones on my hoses, seem to hold up well. Had them on since October 2020.

Reactions: Gus

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Jcs high grip or og jubilee clips.

Avoid any t bolt crap or the cheap jubilee rip offs that have slots in and chew up the silicone hose

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks. which ones would you go for? Stainless A2 or A4 ?

These are the options:

HI-GRIP​

Hi-Grip general purpose worm drive hose clips are widely regarded for their quality and durability. They are manufactured to exceed BS5315, which has the highest requirements of any of the international standards and tests sealing ability, clamping force and torque. Also has BSI Kitemark and NATO approval, and exceeds all operational requirements of the relevant DIN and SAE standards.

HI-GRIP ZINC PLATEDView attachment 1653492

Used for a wide variety of domestic, automotive and industrial applications, the standard Hi-Grip hose clip is made from heavily zinc plated mild steel with additional protection from a passivation layer.

HI-GRIP 304 STAINLESS (A2)View attachment 1653493

Hi-Grip stainless steel worm drive hose clips have become the industry standard for demanding applications throughout the world due to their exceptional quality and performance.

Made entirely from 18/8 marine quality stainless steel and with Lloyds Register Approval, they are ideal for salt water and other highly corrosive environments.

HI-GRIP 316 STAINLESS (A4)View attachment 1653494

Principally aimed at the marine, food, petro-chemical and pharmaceutical industries, the Hi-Grip 316 hose clip is made entirely from BS316 austenitic stainless steel, providing the the same superior performance as the rest of the Hi-Grip range but with maximum corrosion resistance.

Lloyd’s Register Type Approved for marine, offshore and industrial use.

View attachment 1653495HI-GRIP WING SCREW​

Specifically designed for frequently removed hoses, the unique dovetail locking and side lugs of the wing plate ensure excellent sealing and longevity. The soft plastic wing plate cover is kinder to unprotected fingers.

A2 will be fine.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Thanks all. Going to get the Hi Grips ordered.

If anyone is searching this thread in future then these are apparently the sizes you need:
4x 21-23mm
6x 25-27mm
2x 31-34mm
4x 40-43mm

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
OG Jubilie clips are perfectly fine.

If you're using the correct clips, and still having problems with hoses flying off or leaking, then it's not the hose clamps.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
OG Jubilie clips are perfectly fine.

If you're using the correct clips, and still having problems with hoses flying off or leaking, then it's not the hose clamps.
Agreed, good fitting hose and clip is good for 2bar+ boost pressure so water is nothing.
Does anyone just use spring clips like the originals?
I clean up and reuse the OG spring clamps work fine.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed, good fitting hose and clip is good for 2bar+ boost pressure so water is nothing.

I clean up and reuse the OG spring clamps work fine.
Thanks, I’m trying again as the clamps I used originally haven’t worked so buying new hoses and was going to buy decent new spring clamps as well.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Anyone have any advice on new hose clips, Im going to be replacing my coolant hoses with MTC hoses so thought it would be nice to get new clips too.

You've probably read in other threads that the heater matrix bypass connection will need trimmed quite a bit on both hoses. I've had to do it this afternoon and have got the hoses sitting okay(ish).

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I used mikalor clips when I fitted my silicon hoses but iv recently done a resto on my mk1 engine bay and used spring clips. Both work fine

MorroN

ClioSport Club Member
I used mikalor clips when I fitted my silicon hoses but iv recently done a resto on my mk1 engine bay and used spring clips. Both work fine
Jumping on this, what size spring clips do you need for the radiator on OEM hoses? It looks like 40mm but I’m not sure