ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Door speakers?

Clio Dynamique 1.2
any tbh is it best to upgrade all the speakers to the same or front 2 better than the rear two?

Ollie's Silver Cup
I'd go components up front and probably just coaxial in the rear; the rear will only be for a bit of fill and the positioning of them is poor anyway.

If you're seriously looking at any budget, I've been very happy with my JL ZR components in my clio. They're expensive, but very much more the money imo.

They do the C5 range which is also very good! :)

Last edited:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Why's that mate?

Wasn't the sound I'm looking for - I came from expensive components in my old car and got these as they seemed quick and easy - not a patch on the proper components, only kept them as I've been too lazy to do anything about it!

Clio 182, BMW 645
I'm looking for some new speakers too... What are the options for the front/door speaker? Can I just slap some full range speakers in or do I need components?

chumpmobile
front door and dash is best to go with component set up.
in the rears they are in a rubbish place, not worth going component just go coaxial. and imo the rear ones are only to even it out abit, when you are driving you dont really need them there other than to fill in the gap behind your ear haha. and they are for your rear passengers really

so components in the front
coaxial in the rear
sub and amp in boot,
job done

Clio 182, BMW 645
Coolio.

Not really interested in a sub and amp tbh.

Am I gonna have to take the dash apart to fit some components?

Clio 182, BMW 645
Right. So I have £150 for some components to replace the standard ones... What should I go for? Can I get a decent set for £100?

Are "under the seat" subs any good?

Nimbus R27
Giving the budget helps, but you need to tell us what headunit you have and what kind of music you listen too. If you have no intention of fitting a sub, you may want a set of components that handle the lows well. Are you after out and out volume or SQ? I would also put all your budget into fronts, rather than spreading your budget over front and rears. Also, are you amping them up or just running the comps from the headunit? If your spending 150, you should really amp them to get the best from them. IMO 150 quid speakers running from an aftermarket headunit is a bit OTT.

Nimbus R27
If your running off the headunit then look at speakers with a high sensitivity. Look at Hertz, Focal etc. People have good things to say about the spl dynamics comps. These can be had from car audio direct, who are great to deal with! I wouldn't go mad if your running off the headunit tbh.

Nimbus R27
Definately Car Audio Direct for me! Good prices and really helpful over the phone. Quick delivery too!