ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best File Share Program????

Astra 1.9cdti XP
Used Limewire in the past but can never find what I'm after!! Any recommendations? Looked for a certain tv series with Jennifer Garner!!

RB 182
Bittorrent works by you downloading files off others and then others can then download the files you've downloaded, so your computer is like a server for these files but won't when your running the torrent software.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Tiger said:
soulseek without a doubt, there is no way id even entertain limewire or the likes, utter sh*te

How the f**k does soulseek work? I've installed it but I never get any results to my searches?!?

utorrent or bitcomet are the best imo for bit torrent, pretty much exactly the same as azureus, but as it is not java, does not use hardly any resourses. i remember when i ued azureus, and leave my comp on over night, id come back to it in the morning and it would be unusable cos of it lol

182 - conneries de c
Hi, I use Azureus for my downloads and file shares. I've found it to be very stable with no issues.

Check out - H***://www.slyck.com for info on bittorrent sites, p2p news and clients. Also gives a good intro to thre scene.

The likes of bearshare, limewire etc are becoming too widely known and so have alot of issues with the "authorties" keeping an eye on them and fake files!

Try Ares = ares.com, for single music tracks, musc videos but stick to the bittorrent sites for full movies, games.

Have fun!

Rick said:
How the f**k does soulseek work? I've installed it but I never get any results to my searches?!?

is the port its using open in your router config?

to get the best results your best to do room searches, i only use house music lovers, if you right click the white chat area you get the option to room search, you get an absolute s**t load more results

back to torrent, i used to use bitcomet but had to change to utorrent s the private tracker i use didnt want anyone using comet for a some reason, utorrent is great and simple to use but when ive got it open and its only uploading it kills my browsing speed for some reason? i didnt think your upload affected your download or browsing speed?..........

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
Ok well
1) Private ftp's do rock if you can get a good one! where i download all my movies from! :p
2) rapidshare, i got an account with unlimited bandwidth cap for free and i love it! download at 1000kb/s all the time! :p
3)bittorrent... great always download topgear on it (www.finalgear.com) as olliee said mininova.org! great site.. for my client i use http://www.bitcomet.com/doc/download.htm
4) P2P (Limewire Pro) to download single mp3's.. Download limewire free version, then search for limewire Pro.... and download it :)

Sami, i use DC++ for music, as a lot of the stuff i listen too is uk underground, and its one of the only places you can get it from.

tomehb, where do you go about finding private FTP's from. I normally use FileList.org for movies (bit torrent) but its a pain dealing with ratio's and stuff.

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
olliee said:
tomehb, where do you go about finding private FTP's from.

i got this werido on my msn messenger that give me access to his and hes friends.. swedish people! but they seem to have a lot of stuff :p but i believe you normaly get access if you run an FTP aswell with many files :)

I use to use Hotline client ages ago.. that use to be pretty good not sure if it still is.. basicly you connect to some ones server after finding it with one of the many trackers.. and then you upload files normaly to download files.. or you can get account depends on the administrator! but i aitn done that for a year now... :p
http://www.tucows.com/preview/193834

dk

911 GTS Cab
Tiger said:
is the port its using open in your router config?

to get the best results your best to do room searches, i only use house music lovers, if you right click the white chat area you get the option to room search, you get an absolute s**t load more results

back to torrent, i used to use bitcomet but had to change to utorrent s the private tracker i use didnt want anyone using comet for a some reason, utorrent is great and simple to use but when ive got it open and its only uploading it kills my browsing speed for some reason? i didnt think your upload affected your download or browsing speed?..........
when browsing you are constantly sending requests for the pages and files the page needs when loading so your upload is important. I always cap my upload to 5kb/s as when i had it unlimted i had the same problem, web browsing was rubbish, now i have no problems so find the option to limit the upload and you will be sorted.