ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Head Unit

350z & 16v Maxi

Nice,

Yea i didnt think they were all 24bit DAC, do you know if the Alpine CDA-7998R had a 24bit DAC?

350z & 16v Maxi

Tom have you ever met the guy that owns BBG, that guy is cool as feck. He could sell sand to the Arabs. Who is it you deal with at BBG is it Chris? Did you ever met Alan Benison or Kevin Maitlan? Kevin is a friend of mine who actually works for BBG, he took over from Benison when he got the bullet.

colin

do u mean Mr dutch, not personally met him, deal with everyone, we have a fiat being done as a JL demo, 4 x 15" W3s lol

i will try find out about 7998

Tom

350z & 16v Maxi

Cheers if you can find out about the 7998.

Yea Mr Dutch, we had i BBG night not that long ago and then went out after. He is a really cool guy. He is a guy you would believe anything he says.

350z & 16v Maxi

I really only get to go to the ones in Scotland. My boss goes to the training nights down south. Last one he was at was the W7 training night.

350z & 16v Maxi

Tom do you know off hand what the CD-700 retails at? It is either that or the CDA-7998r. One of the two.

350z & 16v Maxi

Yea i thought it was about that. I know the 700 is far better but can i afford it at the mo? Dont know.

colin

you are certainly right, it is the better unit, do like me save for it, im slowly getting there, or sod it my credit card is looking tempting lol

Tom

350z & 16v Maxi

Ive just spent an absolute fortune on my Body Kit but the CD700 is very tempting.

Advantages of Nak:

Awesome Sound

Advantages of Nak

Good Sound, MP3, Fantom Face Security, Good Looks

advantages of nak

24 Bit dac,

free floating magnetic cd holder (no swing arm sound intereference)

single use volume knob, (apline has about five uses lol which affects sound quality woiuld u belive it)

plays MP3s

security who needs it i guard mny car with my life

and how many other people can say they have a nak

Tom

350z & 16v Maxi

Tom,

Just off the phone with BBG, the new stuff doesnt get launched till Feb and the CD700 is up to £1699 retail and the cost is up over a hundred pounds from the old price. They only offer a CD400, CD500 and CD 700 single CD now and both the 400 and 500 have built in amps, which is no use to anyone.

BBG only have the MB100 and the MD75 left in stock so i was thinking about going for one of them. Not the 75 as it only has a 1bit DAC but the MB100 has the 24bit DAC. What do you think about the MB100? The 6 disk thing could be pretty good.

colin

yea we have been waiting for naks to come into stock for ages,

it all depends on how far you want to go with your system. im still saving for a cd700 even though i have a 7878 equivalent of a 7998.

Tom

350z & 16v Maxi

I dont think im going to be able to afford the 700 maybe in 6 months or something but not just now. I dont have any head unti just now so need to get one. What do you think the 7998 or the mb100

to be honest i would usually say the nak but in reality they alpine will sell better second hand in 6 months. and it has toys

Tom

350z & 16v Maxi

I like the Alpine unit but I also the Nak unit. I am getting the Nak unit cheaper than the Alpine and it does have a 24bit DAC. I just cant decide. I might be selling my subs and getting couple of 12" Polk Momo ones and what I have said is if I sell my subs and get the Polk ones I will go for the Nak as it all comes from BBG but if I dont sell them then Ill go for the Alpine.

If the Nak was a single disk and had a rotary volume then I would go for the it.

Still not sure tho.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I dont like the idea of the CD tray...just think about it...

youre on a bumpy road and the gf wants to change a cd but as she is about to put the disc in you hit a rather nasty bump and she heavily knocks the tray and breaks it...

Sony h/u are absolute sh*te!!! Had a mate that got one of those active black panel display ones and after a week the unit locked up and he couldnt put cds in or get the one cd that was stuck out!!! lol

350z & 16v Maxi

Yea all the new Sony units are p:sh!!!! The sony units of about 3-4 years ago were pretty good.