ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best hu uptp £250

please could you help me me. looking for a new hu for my mk2 172. would like to keep stalk controls.

cheers paul

you need to spend money to buy the interfaces to keep the stalk controls

but the best HU for that money is the pioneer dehm77mp

alpine cda 9812 RB !! Its really not worth spending more on the 9815 !! quality HU ive got the cda 9813 R and its got great sound quality and looks the mutts !

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

there is a realllly nice clarion u can get for 230 quid i think, really good unit, cant remember model though...

Quote: Originally posted by I2ich16v- on 07 December 2003

alpine cda 9812 RB thats the one im after ! looks mint
^^^^^^^^^^^^ is the one i have just bought n it is great!!

The SQ is really good!!

Get one!!

Mk2 Golf GTI

well i would say they are both equally matched feature wise, just depends whether you want the unit to look understated cool (77mp) or a bit brighter with more flashy lights! Personally i prefer the look of the alpine but both are good

I had loadsa trouble getting a new headunit for my mk2 clio cos i wanted to keep my stalk controls too (once youve had them you dont wanna go back!). I tried about 4 places and they all said that nobody has brought one out yet cos the cars too new. Connects2 do an adapter thats less than £30 but you have to have a sony headunit.

If you can have a pioneer head unit that works with the stalk controls Im gonna go proper mad!!!!!

read the faq in the interior forums

it tells you the required part numbers to retain the stalk controls

yes pioneer units accept this function

time to go mad

They guy in the shop phoned up the supplier of all the adapters and they said that there wasnt one for a pioneer headunit for a 2003 clio! I got that in all the car audio shops where I live as well! Oh well

Just fitted the stalk adapter for my pioneer 77mp tonight, couldnt be arsed reaching over to turn it up any longer!