ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Ignition ....

what are the best plugs and leads for the clio 16v ? most ppl seem to use bosch super 4 plugs, so i presume they are the best for clios ?

leads. marco, magnecor, lumenition ? anyone got any personal preferences to these atall ?

and if i change these, will the distributor cap need changing aswell ?

ive heard this can make differences to both economy and performance, but doesnt seem to get covered anywhere. does anyone know a site that has a variety of these parts?

thats it now, no more questions

Trophy

Cse,

Im currently running bosch super 4s as this is what nick hill fits on his conversions and i was thinking of trying the magnecor 8mm or kv85, so i too would like some info on these leads.

Mat.

Skoda Fabia vRS

magnecor are the best leads

i have the KV85 on my RT

read there website, it shoots down all the gimmicky brands like splitfire

im runnin Champion EON plugs at the moment but they have done about 7k so i think i will change to Bosch 4, even tho these EONs should last at least another 25k !

Anyone know where I can get a set of KV85 or R-100 for my 1.6 RXE (1598cc K7M 8valve engine)?

Any other HT lead recommendations for this engine?

anyone know any sites online that sell magencor leads etc ... i havent found one and ive gone thru tons

well, bosch super 4 plugs aint any better than normal one electrode plugs, they just last longer cause if one gets oiled over then the spark can jump top another, there just reliable thats all. The spark doesnt jump to all 4 at once. pointblankltrading do the multi*6 or something, and thats meant to be miles better than the magnecor, i would give them a go....websites something like www.pointblanctrading.co.uk

BMW 320d Sport

Magnecor KV85 with Bosch Super 4.

At the end of the day plugs and leads are a bit of a hard one to recommend cos even the best plugs and leads in the world can do no more than just...work! But I use the KV85 and Super 4 but all I can say is that running nitrous pressure and under heavy track use at sustained high RPMs the ignition side of things has never let me down. But at the same time they work fine for everyday driving as well, the heat range of the Super 4 seems to be wide enough and just right.

cool, ill try those then

also, read on a web page that u can get a device that cuts the charge to the battery/alternator when above a certain rev and it gives u more bhp ! something like 10. ive lost the damn page now, but it only cost about 50 quid, make sense to anyone ?!?

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah I heard of that device and theoretically it makes sense. On a track car thats trailered to every event.

You wont see a huge improvement so IMHO not really worth doing. Anyone actually done it?

altopower by Van Aaken...its meant to be pretty good, and released 8bhp n their test car.....so they say, but its cheap and worth a go...got a feeling though if you hammer it along the motorway alot, then maybe your battery will suffer here.

anybody got, gonna try or heard of the multipower*6 leads, there meant to be the best, but expensive.