ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 2008 1.2 Mark 3 -No Dashboard lights won't start

Renault Clio 1.2
Can anyone help with any suggestions of what my problem might be. I have a car that was working fine with no problems and the next day I have no dashboard lights, fuel gage does not work and engine won't turn over. The battery is 6 months old, showing good voltage and using jump leads from another car still gives the same problem. A fault code reader plugged in to the OBD diagnostic port says "turn on ignition" so it appears that the main ignition circuits are not on. In the first ignition switch position heater fan will come on and electric windows will operate. In the second ignition switch position when the dashboard should light up and dials such as fuel level should operate nothing happens apart from the immobilizer light stops flashing and becomes a solid light. When I turn the key to the starter motor position the door locks click and the radio display goes off but there is no clicking or turning of the starter motor. I've checked fuses and relays but all seem to be working, I've run a earth from the battery to the engine block but still no change. I've disconnected the battery for 24 hours to reset things but the problem remains. I wonder if the Body Control Monitor (BCM or UCH) could have failed or could it be the ECU at fault but how do I tell which one? The fault is the same with both keys and the remote locking works. I can't find the same problem listed anywhere on the internet. I would appreciate any ideas of where I go from here that anyone can give.