ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best induction/airfilter/airbox set up.

phase 1 172
do a search lee, loads of threads on this

money is biggest key as most will say maxogen or using the standard phase 1 172 set up!

have a butchers

BMW M135I
was reading my mates fast car mag this afternoon and came across them testing different panel filters in the clio 172 phase 1 model and the best proved to be the pipercross replacement filter on the standard box,

they also talked about the cliosport people knowing best and that the filter from the v6 is the best to use unless you are going to use the pipercross one

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
was reading my mates fast car mag this afternoon and came across them testing different panel filters in the clio 172 phase 1 model and the best proved to be the pipercross replacement filter on the standard box,

they also talked about the cliosport people knowing best and that the filter from the v6 is the best to use unless you are going to use the pipercross one

Will the V6 filter even fit in a ph1 box? Thought the whole housing was larger on the V6 one tbh

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I think they are the same only the Ph1 airbox has 2 CAFs and the V6 has 1???

Ya just read this myself :) Im on the hunt for a V6 box now ready for the RR day in Oct to see if I can get any better than my result from last weekend.

You coming down in Oct again mate?

Insignia SRi
Yeah il be there, complete with new cambelt!! Iridium plugs and hopefully a new exhaust. Thats my immediate shopping list at the moment.

Insignia SRi
I got myself a simota carbon aeroform when i first got the RS and what a waste of money that was, sounds brutal but made the car so sluggish!!

Insignia SRi
It was pony, def not worth the £250 i paid for it neway!!!

If your on a budget and dont have a V6 box then an upgraded panel filter and standard airbox with the top CAF removed seems to be the best solution iv found!!

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
whats the best set up to use for a 172 cup

best in what sense? Is it noise or power you want? Answers you get on here will be very subjective, I'd go with a replacement panel filter just so you're not changing the paper one year in year out, but dont expect anything from it power wise. They dont do anything other than possibly make the car a little more responsive on the throttle.

If you do all the basic exhaust mods as well and remap it, you'll have a car that will be a little quicker than a standard car, good base if you decide to do more though.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
how do a go about putten a cold air feed into a standard airbox ?

The standard airbox has 2 feeds already, they are just quite restrictive. The acoustic value only opens up to let air in at a certain RPM, this is by design but can easily be removed. You will need to take the near side wheel off and peal back the arch liner and all will become clearer. I have an 80mm airfeed to the fog light but will soon be changing this to a 105mm feed from the wheel arch.

Italian 3.2 V6
i would also be interested to know how to remove this! is the power gain noticable once removed..!?

b/g 182, meg tourer
standard ph2 airbox, itg pannel filter, top airfeed/acoustic valve removed from airbox.
cheap, sounds good and performs well.

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
does removing the acoustic valve cause any warning lights to come on etc? or is it just a pointless 'blockage' lol

b/g 182, meg tourer
does removing the acoustic valve cause any warning lights to come on etc? or is it just a pointless 'blockage' lol

no lights come on and there is no downside to removing it at all. just make sure you block the hose up that goes to the valve.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Gay filter, Clio Cup's used Espace V6, so if they are good enough for them then a maxogen is a waste of time :p Also anyone spending £300 on a filter needs a slap lol :D

Nah.... Espace v6 airbox's are way to ghetto for me ;)

And besides the maxogen looks and sounds great (IMHO), i've spend s**t loads on the 172 so another £300 is hardly going to break the bank.

This is how i roll

064.jpg