ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best lens for the D40 around £140-200

Fiat Panda 100hp
I'm going to be treating myself to a new lens for my D40 next pay day.

I want a good zoom, but i'm also getting into some macro taking now. I would love a 10-20mm but these dont have good zoom but I love the picture quality that can be had from them... http://www.flickr.com/groups/sigma10-20/pool/

Needs to have a focus motor too being the d40 and all...

recommendations.

PS. ukaskew... went to a mates house the other day and saw he had all his PC screens with your new york wallpaper.

I would love to go into someones home and see my photo as there wallpaper...well done. :)

I'm using an 18-200 VR.... will not help you for macro though! But excellent all round lens and a decent macro lens will be its ideal partner :)

Decent macro will cost you decent money! Thats the trouble with this SLR business!

PS. ukaskew... went to a mates house the other day and saw he had all his PC screens with your new york wallpaper.

I would love to go into someones home and see my photo as there wallpaper...well done. :)

pmsl, that's a bit random! That one does seem to have been used quite a bit, it keeps cropping up all over the place.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
people see cheaper lenses with macro written on them... that means they can focus up close but you need to be looking at the magnification ratio for a good lens... and thats when it gets expensive ...

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
that won't auto focus on the d40, you need the hsm version, although i didn't know they made one

clio 182 black /gold
I have a D70 and my other lens is a Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300 1:4-5.6G. only just got it so not tried it as yet.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I wouldnt fancy 300m without VR or OS unless using a tripod! But thats just me! some people have very steady hands!

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have a really good tripod so no worries there :)

Just thinking of picture quality compared to the Nikon VF 55-200

Those liitle 2x adapters any good?

I had the 55-200 VR....

Couple of shots:

2286715580_eeacafd606.jpg

2286760090_560f226d05.jpg

2285902527_95987f8e68.jpg

2286693482_306b00ed37.png