ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just a story……

Clio RS200,Impreza
Hello Troops,
I originall posted this on Scoobynet as i have Imprezas but thought Renault fanatics would like it
i’ll try to keep this shortish,but there is a story here!
I have had my blobeye spec c for 3:5 years,absolutely love it,a completely relentless car that is brutal to drive and running 380 bhp,semi slicks,coilovers,goes to Isle of Man with me every year and definately not for sale! 15 months ago i also bought a Clio Rs200 ,62 plate with 50,000 miles ,one owner car,a few goodies on it but my narrow minded self was thinking of it being a daily with a little blast here and there as “it won’t be fast enough” i thought. The Clio is an absolutely tremendous car,sounds fantastic with the Akrapovic on it,shift light,7,500 rpm red line and so useable. Insurance is peanuts,mpg is much better than any scoob,no shock there, and somehow,i can’t work out how but the roads i have a blast on,the Clio is maybe only 10-15 mph slower than the spec c,but has more than enough for publics roads . I have made a complete fool of some so-called drivers in cars with over twice the power of the little French pocket rocket. Anyway,i got greedy last year and also bought a classic WRX import,but not a standard one. This one was having a forged 2:5 cc engine fitted that had been built around 10 years ago from a friend ,had only done 3 races in one car and only a few thousand miles in another car. It had been off the road for 10 years and i agreed to buy it from someone only 2 miles from my work,Unit 8 performance,formally known as RA Motorsports. His business is mainly Subarus and he has built many a car from time attack cars,GT 86’s featured in magazines ,700 bhp Imprezas etc. His colleague did a fresh paint job ,not a complete shell job but every panel painted and before i collected the car,he went over it completely and fitted new battery,fuel pump,brakes front/rear. I got it in October 2022 and after having the wheels refurbished stored it straight away as i don’t run these cars in the rain and certainly don’t run them for 6 months over the winter. Every bloody night i had ideas for the classic as it sounds awesome and pulls like a bloody train with 3 switchable maps. Low boost is around 270bhp,mid boost around 320 and high is around 370. The limiting factor with power is the wrx box ,the engine is capable of over 500 bhp but not the gearbox! It came out in March on a dry day to go back to them to have a new clutch fitted as i hated the one that was in it.
Other jobs i had done were ,new flywheel,new spare key,get central locking to work,get folding mirrors to work,fit new front grille,ordered new number plates,fit the front off to the passenger side,etc etc. I also had the inside of the boot floor painted,inside of tailgate painted,nice new sheet of plywood cut to go over the spare wheel well so it all looked nicer. I then insured it and went on a fantastic 200 mile run with 20 other guys that are in a car club up here in Scotland,Lotus,Porsche,Focus RS owners,all sorts of guys and plenty of them mentioned how brilliant the old classic sounded and praised it.
However,i have always known that i can’t have three cars insured,taxed,on the road so it was always on my mind that i would probably sell the little Frenchie and keep both scoobs. Anyone that knows me would have put their house on it that both Imprezas would get kept but i just can’t really gel with the classic like i have with the other two cars. I know the gearbox is old in the WRX,and i know it is not a spec c,it has to be driven with sympathy . I had a long wait to get it,have put a lot of time ,thoughts and some money into it but at the moment i don’t absolutely love it the other two. I do love how it looks,i do love how it sounds and goes but i’m just not sure what it is. Maybe i need to drive it more and i can easily change the gearbox but i’m unsure what to do………put more money and time into it and maybe feel the same way or simply sell it but maybe regret my actions in a year or two!!!!!! I know it is a good problem to have and performance cars are the most favourite hobbie/ obsesion of mine but i don’t want to make a mistake either way. So,this has obviously turned into a loooooooong post not short and maybe it is putting out the feelers to see if there would be a buyer for it if i did sell it,probably the classic i mean. I really don’t know what the right move is for me! I’ll try to upload some pics.😀🏎
c5cffee1f_a69013e79035de2c7a6acd27186709748ece8078.jpg

Attachments

• B16E98C0-88CB-4D30-9B33-E508ACFBC344.jpeg
    B16E98C0-88CB-4D30-9B33-E508ACFBC344.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 44
  • A9D7F246-8FDC-4B32-BDD0-E9ED7C991749.jpeg
    A9D7F246-8FDC-4B32-BDD0-E9ED7C991749.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 46
  • BC673282-C9E0-4024-80CE-9A5988E89EA1.jpeg
    BC673282-C9E0-4024-80CE-9A5988E89EA1.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 45
  • FFA50E6B-684B-41B1-A884-6318DDB0C01E.jpeg
    FFA50E6B-684B-41B1-A884-6318DDB0C01E.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 44
  • 99D735CD-F71E-463D-BB59-64B8423210F6.jpeg
    99D735CD-F71E-463D-BB59-64B8423210F6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Great post mate. I loved my previous classics, near impossible finding a sensibly priced one these days.

Clio RS200,Impreza
Thanks ,
I'm swaying towards selling this one. As i said in my story , i have put loads of effort ,thought and some money into this one but i just can't gel with it which is very rare for me. I also might have the chance of another car in the next few weeks and my space / finances always have a limit like most people. If that little white RS Clio wasn't so bloody good things would be different , it would probably be for sale and not the old Scooby !!!!!!

Clio RS200,Impreza
I would expect it to be around the £11,000 mark. It isn’t standard due to the 2:5 forged lump in it which is so so strong but the car looks standard! What a noise comes from it and is so fresh with the new paint job. My wife loves it ,i’m just not “feeling” it somehow.