ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best location for screen

hi there, ive got a screen for my car which im gonna be running my gamecube and probably a dvd at a later point, but i dont know where to mount it on a valver? ive seen on some rts and rns that theyve mounted it next to the dials but valvers have the different oil dials there, i did think about above the dashboard, and making some sort of fibreglass suroound so i can take it out when i need to, any ideas?? cheers

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

either on top of 16v dash, or above the glove box, angled towards you.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

either on top of 16v dash, or above the glove box, angled towards you.

I made a custom mount for mine out of a Mobile Phone holder - sits next to the Stereo pointing at me. I think it looks good - other people do too - only thing is passengers have to put their leg under it or to the side.. but thats their problem :).

Anywhere else, I found at night, on the dash, it was way to bright and blinded me - everyone could see it easily too!

yeh not sure, probably wouldnt drive with it on daz!! i might try and get some sort of bracket made up, i wanted to build it actually into the dash somehow, but still be able to take it out, but so it doesnt look like its just been stuck in there, you know?

daz do you have pics of yours, just looking for inspiration mate!

I drive with mine on for me Sat Nav and its pretty damn bright. Where it is at the moment, its still easy to reach.. and still easy to see.

Ill post a small pic up later...

no man, i gotta work, gutted though really wanna go, i might have to be ill!!! havnt gat tickets though, i prob gonna tackle it on mondaY:confused:

bit different but y not actually inthe glove box area? custom enclosure made for it, so as u open it its just like a wall.

think thats wat im gona do as it hides it away nicely

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Why dont you fork out a bit more for a motorised screen.

When i get my car sorted i should be getting a pioneer motorised one for about £400. Will remove the middle vents and place it there. Now that will look the nuts with the head unit below it!

Shouldnt be too difficult to do either coz some of the early 1.2 clios have like a storage unit where the middle vents are. Ill find one of them and cut the back out. The cage should be an exact fit then!

Sorted, do that!

Ive moved my screen again now on top of the middle vents on a removeable stand.. it got in the way of passengers legs where it was before.

I couldnt get a motorised screen for mine because they dont exist with a VGA input. Looks cool, and it can be removed very easily.

na i want to fit mine in the dash for deff, any1 got measurements of the dimensions to make sure i can fit in a 7.2" screen, bout to order one, and will get pics up asap if some ppl are good enuf to help me out, otherwise i got to wait till tuesday when i get the car and measure it then where as i can order it to arrive for then if i know now, patience is not one of my qualities unfortunately :p

Daz: if you wanted to be able to input VGA to a screen why not just get a VGA to phono converter to be able to use motorised screens? What kinda setup you running?

What you got plugged into your screen?

VGA - Phono is still very bad quality.. it changes it to composite.. and thats what I didnt want.

Its a computer.. so, needed to be able to read small text.. especially for the Sat Nav.

The screen on the dash looks mint tho.. heh.

Volvo S60 T5

Got mine at the bottom of the dash instead of the cup holder, its pretty well hidden but perfect for use when you aint driving.