ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best mods to start with to improve performance?

Abarth 595
my 172 is completely standard atm apart from a few small changes ive done myself like changing side repeaters etcs.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't waste your money on the engine. They are pretty much as good as they will get and you will be throwing your money away.

Suspension, seats and steering wheel will improve the car massively though.

monaco 172
Rs tuner remAp would be first on my list.

I've wasted alot of money on my car such as decat, exhausts etc ad tbh the only thing which made a difference which wasn't a placebo effect was the remap

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
power doesnt come cheap,
cams and remap will be the easiest way to get real gains, but its a lot of money!
pound for pound, completely stripping the chuff out of it would be the best mod!

powerflex bushes,
suspension mods,
tyres!

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
If you do want to do things Engine Wise, normal things are, Matched Inlet manifolds, Uprated Panel filter in standard airbox, RS Tuner Map, Exhaust system and decat aswell if you wanted.

Black Clio GT
as above if your desparate to spend money on the engine but there isnt many hourses gained for youe money just responsivness...
imo for what that costs you can get some good suspension brakes and tyres which will allow you too drive the car a lot faster!!

Albi blue 197
id probally go decat, good set of tyres springs maybe dampers depending how much you wana spend then remap or rs tuner like people say power to weight there good for what they are... im speaking from a mates view though as ive got deisel and mates have rs's

TrackCar & F30 330d
Its all about the handeling with these cars, before fitting ITB's to my car i used to d*ck over lots of prosches, Lotus's etc at track days.

For me, a decent set of coilovers, the lightest set of wheels you can afford and some decent tyres are the best things to do.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive done s**t loads to them over the last few years and my advice is, people will tell you dont touch the engine do suspension and brakes etc. im going to be different, as much as i can understand where they are coming from ill say this...

They handle spot on out the box, the brakes are awesome out the box and the engine is great out the box, however i think on UK roads they handle well enough that the standard suspension can be kept and the brakes can also be kept. an RS Tuner remap frees it up mid range, gives you a good gain (launch control is also a cool feature) a 182 manifold gives a massive mid range gain along with a decat, cat back exhausts are only worth it if your not bothered about the noise, the standard system is fine power wise (however they rust away and fall off easily) if you really want to touch the handling then a set of nice springs from eibach or H&R or the likes make a nice difference but i wouldnt touch dampers, refresh them with new genuine items if needed.

thats my opinion and what im doing in "round 2" now ive got the phase 1 as a clean slate to start with