ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Offset For 18’s

I am looking into getting a set of 18s for my phase 1 16v, just wondering what offset would be best? I have been told that the offset the phase 1 172 uses is good for the 16s but just checking on peoples experiences before I order!!

Cheers Marcus

Wait until I get some pics of the engine bay and front mount mate!! Just need to get the wheels sorted this week, then the re-trim and install!!

BMW 320d Sport

Well my old 18s were a 38 offset, 2mm more than standard and they scrubbed ever so slightly on the inner arches even when I cut some metal out. No scrub on the outers at all after I cut some of the plastic away all round the curve of the arch. Id say you dont wanna go any more than 38mm that would be deadly it would bring the rims even further in and theyd touch the spring platforms. If anything go for a lower offset and cut your wings out more.

Nick - Was it noticable on the front arches where you had cut them out and did it effect the paint work? And how low was yours on the front?

BMW 320d Sport

Mine was dropped 35mm at the front, and they 215/35/18 tyres were about 2mm underneath the spring platform. The plastic I had to cut out was about half an inch all round the top part of the wheelarch curve and a small section of the front bumper where it meets the arch. I just knife-edged the wings where Id cut them and the paint didnt flake. If you want the wings that I cut up to fit 18s, make me an offer, theyll be off the car in a few weeks time and I wont want much for them