ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best phone/pda ish type thing?

im on O2, and theyve basically said i can have a free whatever i want...

is there anything decent worth having... i currently have a nokia 8800.

Cheers

1 Series Coupe
I had the o2 XDA mini s.... used it for about a month and got bored... as it is too time consuming making a phone call... so i sold it on ebay... and got the Samsung z510...

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
n80 if you want borderline phone/pda features.

if u want a pda with a phone then something like an XDA, but personally im not too sure about them, as they are a pain in the arse to use everyday and massive!

1 Series Coupe
Adams_16v said:
if u want a pda with a phone then something like an XDA, but personally im not too sure about them, as they are a pain in the arse to use everyday and massive!

I agree 110%

T

the_devil

I have read over on the 3g forum ( http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/) that the N80 does have problems like most new nokias. Have a look at the site, it does help with choosing a new phone. I should really use my own advice i had the 6630 when it first came out and now have the N70 both have been trouble since day 1!

Thanks for that... was looking at the xda mini s, but they also offered to new xda iq? its phone size....

1 Series Coupe
Dansta said:
Thanks for that... was looking at the xda mini s, but they also offered to new xda iq? its phone size....

XDA Mini S

It is really really time consuming... and the software is very slow... its fairly big too... not massive... but too big to go into jeans pockets...

The sliding qwerty keyboard is cool.... really good for quick texting... but is confusing when you click a button and cant get out of it...

If you were put in a situation where you had to make a phone call... maybe 999 for instance... it would take you about 2-3mins to make the call...

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
there is a new firmware release out. my mate just flashed his own and its 10 x better now!

Most problems can be fixed with an update.

the_devil said:
I have read over on the 3g forum ( http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/) that the N80 does have problems like most new nokias. Have a look at the site, it does help with choosing a new phone. I should really use my own advice i had the 6630 when it first came out and now have the N70 both have been trouble since day 1!

172beast

Adams_16v said:
there is a new firmware release out. my mate just flashed his own and its 10 x better now!

Most problems can be fixed with an update.

Yes that'd be me, easy enough to do yoursen providing you follow instructions and I've yet to have any problems with my N80 now, latest firmware seems very stable!

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Imate Jammin.... thats what i got run tomtom on it awesome phone/pda

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
nice they are, we've just got 15 in at work. unfortunately i cant have one.

massive to use as your only mobile phone though

Clio 200
I used to change my phone every 2 months nearly as I was never happy with them, I've had my Treo 650 pda/phone for over a year now and its superb. Very well made, dropped it enough times! Works great as a phone, its a decent size, great screen, superb battery life, and tomtom works great on it. It's quick too, nothing more annoying then changing apps, or menus and having to wait

XDA mini s/i-mate jam and it's in more diguises too, bit older now so can be picked up cheap, but is built solid and is top quality unlike some newer ones (k-jam-falls to pieces)

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
yea i had a K-jam before the jammin but found it very bulky and never used the keyboard...Orange have just released the m600 which is orange's branded Jammin ...can get it pretty cheap on a contract

k-jams keyboard came loose for me too,utter shite. Had a jam,xda2s,etenm500 and then an aweful k-jam, after that one i lost faith and now have a crappy d600