ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best place for an amp

E87 118i

just read its not a good idea to mount it to the sub box ?? amyone moun5ted theres there or where should I put it to retail boot space ?

On the back seat? Well on the back of the back seats obviously!

Or on the side of the boot next to the rear wheel arch, make a peice of MDF to fit it onto.

Mrb

Why mount it on the sub box? Thats asking for trouble, all that vibration is going straight into the amp, and it may dislodge or damage something. You never know, so best not to risk it.

Paul

They are designed to be used in a car. if something is gonna come loose its going to happen whatever the weather. No problems on the sub box although mine are under my seats.

E87 118i

pete_172, glad you mentioned that, I cut out a template out of cardboard of the boot space that will be in front of the sub box (o the left abuot the width of the 1/4 split of the rear seat), will cut it out of mdf, carpet it and bolt the amp to it, will leave plenty boot space

no problem that its flat on the floor in front of the sub then ??

E87 118i

nice, but thats not grocery friendly.

my box is commin on nicely, just gotta use some sandpaper and woodfiller to get it nice and smooth.

Dont know about vibrations...my sub box doesnt vibrate - thats the point of using high density material to make them. If the box vibrated then the sub would sound shi*e.

My amps on the back of the box, has been since March. No probs.