ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Plugs + HT Leads

i had Bosch super 4s and hated them...........but thats the only my opinion and that of ChrisHs..........not that we know anything about them.

Std 16V HTs are more than fine, although i do have 8.5 magnecors as i got them free.

They wont do anything for performance though.

Oh, and i run twin groundstrap NGKs........longer service life than the singles.

BMW 320d Sport

Most people run Magnecor. I use KV85, Bens are the same. At the end of the day plugs and leads either work or they dont, there arent really any performance gains to be had, only lost through crappy gear. The standard Bougicord leads on a valver are very good leads so only worth replacing if theres anything physically wrong with them or you dont like the colour or something. The Bougicord and Magnecor leads are made in a very similar way. Other performance leads you find out there arent made the same.

BTW I had Super 4s for a year or so. No problems. They fired the cylinders fine under every circumstance I encountered, road use, hot use, cold use, track use, quarter miling on nitrous. All you can expect plugs to do is fire, so under that criterium, I thought they were bloody good. Obviously Ben and Chris must have some reason why they didnt like them. Likewise Champion EON1 were fine as well.

williams and trophy

yep must say never had 1/2 as much problems with the bosch items than iv had with the ngks............

never fukkin liked em they always bin sh*te..........

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 09 September 2003

yep must say never had 1/2 as much problems with the bosch items than iv had with the ngks............

never fukkin liked em they always bin sh*te..........
What problems did u have?

19 16V

Yeah I agree with BenR.... I had some headwork done from Chris H, while he had the head at his I bought some super4s and we fitted them as well as a new headgasket set etc and when we (well when I say we, he done most the work I just watched) stuck it all back together it felt like it was missfiring, the engine vibrated so violently. Anyway after much headscratching we tried changing the plugs to bosch plats... instantly the idle didnt budge an inch and the difference it made to the performace was almost unbeleivable!

I would never use those useless things again. Plus, how the hell are you supposed to gap them properly?

as per usual you lot are talking crap again......NGKs are fantastic plugs.... all you have to do is: cut off the end leaving the centre core exposed.....then most car windows will shatter when lightly tapped with the centre core.....leaving you plenty of time to reach in & steal the stereo & the....errr....sorry......dont know what came over me then !!:eek: