ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best polish/wax etc for silver cars

No more clio's for me!
Dear Rich,

Please help...what products do i need to bring the best out of a silver paintwork.

Ta,
Dan ;)

106 GTi
LOL!

AG SRP and EGP topped with P21s or Megs 16.

Klasse AIO and Einzett Glanz Wax topped with P21s or Megs 16.

Klasse AI0 and Jeefs Werkstat Acylic Jet Sealant P21s or Megs 16.

Nattys Blue also looks ok as a wax on Silver too.

All look good on my silver 306. Also worth investing in some Prima Hydro or Optimum Car Wax to use after, as on silver this really does make ithe car look like it has had the full monty when. I use one or the other on 306 after every wash and it brings it up a treat.

Silver cars are easy Dan, they look good just washed!

Jap Shed
LOL!

AG SRP and EGP topped with P21s or Megs 16.

Klasse AIO and Einzett Glanz Wax topped with P21s or Megs 16.

Klasse AI0 and Jeefs Werkstat Acylic Jet Sealant P21s or Megs 16.

Nattys Blue also looks ok as a wax on Silver too.

All look good on my silver 306. Also worth investing in some Prima Hydro or Optimum Car Wax to use after, as on silver this really does make ithe car look like it has had the full monty when. I use one or the other on 306 after every wash and it brings it up a treat.

Silver cars are easy Dan, they look good just washed!

AGSRP???? where do you get this from chap?

RS Clio 200
if it helps at all mate, this is what i use on mine:

Poorboys SSS Shampoo/Duraglos 902 shampoo
Poorboys SSR2 cutting polish
Clearkote Red Mouse glaze polish
Duragloss sealant (although i wanna switch to Klasse AIO and Jeffs)
Megs 16

I also have found that when doing a quick details, using Poorboys spray n wipe, followed by another qd of Clearkote quickshine really brings out a nice colour in the silver. and awesome shine too.

Comes up like this....
252.jpg

248.jpg

250.jpg

106 GTi
what about a black car?

The poorboys blue carnuba (sp) polish and Nattys Blue wax is good for the pearl black...Rich will be able to give a full guide tho. :)

Winter - Klasse AI0 and Jeffs Werkstat Acylic Jet Sealant, topped with Zymol Carbon & Zymol Titanium

Summer - Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, Clearkote Red Machine Glaze, Wolfgang or Blackfire sealant, topped with Pinnacle Souveran or Chemical Guys 50/50 wax over a Nattys Blue wax.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I use AGSRP, AGEGP and then P21s...

DSC07113.jpg

DSC07118.jpg

DSC07114.jpg

DSC07123.jpg

Can't remember what Rich used when he PC'd it a while back, but if he puts up the link, the results were fantastic.

No more clio's for me!
The poorboys blue carnuba (sp) polish and Nattys Blue wax is good for the pearl black...Rich will be able to give a full guide tho. :)

Winter - Klasse AI0 and Jeffs Werkstat Acylic Jet Sealant, topped with Zymol Carbon & Zymol Titanium

Summer - Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, Clearkote Red Machine Glaze, Wolfgang or Blackfire sealant, topped with Pinnacle Souveran or Chemical Guys 50/50 wax over a Nattys Blue wax.

Top stuff.

Rich - are you free for a PC session on the Scoob, the paintwork on it seems good, but i would like it to be done 'professionally' ;)

Dan

106 GTi

Top stuff.

Rich - are you free for a PC session on the Scoob, the paintwork on it seems good, but i would like it to be done 'professionally' ;)

Dan

Not a problem, need the weather to look up really unless I can sort somewhere in doors.

106 GTi
That said if we get some decent looking days like today it may get soon!

Of 172 hunting with a freind later - which is handy the weather is good. Enjoy your new toy later.

BLACK 197!!
i used to use that agsrp but makes lots of dust..i switched to meguiars three step u get paint cleaner, polish, and wax..the first time you do it means you have to do it three times but after that u can jus use the wax on its own n its a doodle to come off also use meguiars gold class shampoo its good stuff.

106 GTi
AG Super Resin only dusts if you use to much. Anything you wipe of with waxes and polishes is just excess wasted product.

I have not used Gold Glass for years but the origional formula was one of the biggest pain in the ares products to remove ever!

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'd imagine you're applying the EGP a bit too heavily if you're getting a load of dust come off when you remove. They're all much of a muchness though to be honest.

Rich, any luck with the 172 hunt?

EDIT: See above, I'm learning!

106 GTi
We did a few hundred miles today hunting, Mate drove from Bristol to Glos to pick me up - one to view in Brum - onto another in Tamworth - then all the way down to Oxford - back Glos to drop me off and on home back to Bristol.

Found a very promising looking one in the end though.

106 GTi
Not for me for my friend. Looking for accident damaged or very tatty Phase 1 for me as it will be getting a full respray anyway.