ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Road Tyres - not track?

182 Bean
Hi all, will be splashing out on a new set of tyrs once I have refurbed my Wheels.

I wont be doing any track days, so looking for the top end of road tyres.

Anyone got any suggestions or advice?

I have seen the survey and the Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 seems to be one of the highest rated?

Thanks,

Jan

Clio RS 182
I'm pretty sure the PE2 is now out of production? I couldn't find any when I was looking to buy a few months ago. I got Michelin Pilot Sport 3 instead and they're at least as good as the PE2s they replaced and supposed to last longer although I havn't done enough miles to find that out yet.

182 Turbo Project
I am currently running Pirelli P-Zero's on the front and PE2's on the rear.

This is only due to not being able to find another two PE2's.

However, the two I have I managed to get for £40 fitted :approve:

Lotus Elise
According to Evo Mag and Autocar the best tyre on the market at the moment is the Continental Sport contact 3.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
i have just purchased 4 hankook v12 evo for 280 from blackcircles.com seems to be highly rated on here so worth a try :)

I have conti sport contact 3's on the front and I recommend them highly! Had t1-r's on there before and they grip better in the wet and the dry! Excellent tyres!

E46 320CD
Not been biased as I work for the company, but try the Goodyear F1 asymmetric 2 tyre.

I have them on my car at the moment and really can't fault them, excellent all round.

Stripped yozza'd cup
I haven't used the PS3's but I had PE2's when I bought the car.... They are a slight bit better than the hankook's and Rainsports that I've had since, but not enough of an improvement to justify the extra $ IMO.

Arctic Blue 182ff
I replaced a pair of PE2 with a pair of PS3, and I'm astounded at how good they are, awesome in dry and wet.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I'm going to try a set of Uniroyal rainsport 2's in 16's next after going through a set of PE2's in less than 10k.. that gets expensive doing the mileage I do!

Titanium Clio 182
i have just purchased 4 hankook v12 evo for 280 from blackcircles.com seems to be highly rated on here so worth a try :)

This.
I've run my Evo V12's for almost a couple of thousand miles now. I'd rate them as good as PE2's. Whether in the wet or dry.

RS 182 CUP
yoko paradas are decent too, not too expensive either. gettin some miches ordered on thurs so will be able to compare soon

ITB BG 182
Avon ZZ3's or the Yokohama Neova AD08 are both good, used to have the GSD3 or GSD2's but they are not available anymore.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't know why people can't cope with Paradas.. I had them on my old coilovered 172 Ph1 for 2 years and didn't have a single issue, dry, wet or in even the snow !!!

They've got less to give in the grease, but nothing's amazing in that situation. Wet was OK, you just adapt your driving (as you should no matter what tyres you have) for the conditions. I thought they were rather progressive in the wet. I've driven on sh*tty budgets in the wet and they just snap at 20mph. Paradas were fun and predictable !

I'd go T1-R as they are cheap but soft and look good. Got them on my Wagon, and have them on the OH's Clio dCi with no issues in the wet or dry.

Hankook V12 (is that the model Warren's always on about) or UniRoyale RS 2/3's would be on my list too. See what's cheapest, shop about, and buy 4 that you want :)

1.8 Civic EX
anyone have experience of the Yoko s.drives?

I used to use Eagle F1's but found they didn't last too long, moved onto Toyo Px4's which I realy like but I can't seem to find them in stock anywhere for a good price :(

182 Bean
I don't know why people can't cope with Paradas.. I had them on my old coilovered 172 Ph1 for 2 years and didn't have a single issue, dry, wet or in even the snow !!!

They've got less to give in the grease, but nothing's amazing in that situation. Wet was OK, you just adapt your driving (as you should no matter what tyres you have) for the conditions. I thought they were rather progressive in the wet. I've driven on sh*tty budgets in the wet and they just snap at 20mph. Paradas were fun and predictable !

I'd go T1-R as they are cheap but soft and look good. Got them on my Wagon, and have them on the OH's Clio dCi with no issues in the wet or dry.

Hankook V12 (is that the model Warren's always on about) or UniRoyale RS 2/3's would be on my list too. See what's cheapest, shop about, and buy 4 that you want :)

well put :)

S drives are so much more fun than paradas in the wet. T1Rs are progressive in wet and dry, I wouldnt want to find the limit on paradas in the dry on a public road. My clio gripped much more than was needed ;) All imo.

225 Cup & Williams
Never had any problems with paradas either. I think alot of folk just jump on the "Shite in the wet" band wagon.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
If anyone gets PE2s brand new they will be New-Old stock... You can only get PE3s now.

It doesn't matter if they are old stock tyres, you can buy PE2s. Protyre had 100+ PE2s left in stock last weekend.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Never had any problems with paradas either. I think alot of folk just jump on the "Shite in the wet" band wagon.

its a shame i read this as i was looking at getting these checked on here and saw someone classing them as "dangerous" put me right of and went for my second choice.