ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best sim only deal?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Been looking at sim only deals as want to reduce my monthly phone bill.

I don't use more than 200 minutes a mth (last month I used 120 minutes) and sent under 200 texts. However my data use is quite a lot so would need 500mb a meh as some mths I have come close to hitting that.

I currently have a 500 minutes unlimited texts and 500mb data deal with o2 that ran out back in Dec 2011.

I have had a look around and the cheapest I have found is giffgaff at £10 top up a mth for 250 minutes unlimited texts and unlimited data. It seems you can set a recurring top up too so takes the hassle out of having to top up a normal PAYG sim card.

Just filled out the form on the O2 website to unlock the iPhone so will wait for that.

Anyone come across a better offer for my type of use?

Anyone use giff gaff? Who's network do they use so I can check I will get coverage in my rural location?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've recently switched to giffgaff.

Awesome network IMO, the only issues I had was setting up my account with my card details so I can top up using the giffgaff app. Apart from that they have been spot on. Free calls to 0800 numbers too.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
I've just switched to talkmobile for £8 p/m 500 mins, 500txt and 500GB .. does me like ... it uses the vodafone network

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Your tariff gives you:
Unlimited calls to Virgin Mobile numbers
Unlimited minutes to landlines
2500 minutes
Unlimited texts
Unlimited texts to Virgin Mobile numbers
Unlimited Mobile Web

£20

Last edited:
  330i. E30 Touring.
Mine with Orange is £10 a month.

500 mins, unlimited texts and 100mb Internet useage.

They had an option to reduce the minutes and up the internet but my phone's pony and won't use more than that anyway

CBR1000RR Fireblade
If anyone is interested in giffgaff PM me your address and I will get a sim card sent out to you free of charge with £5 credit already on. I do both normal sim cards and micro sims.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Got the text from o2 saying my iPhone is now unlocked.

Just put in my order for a giffgaff sim and will then have to sort out the PAC code for my current number.

£10 ftw.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Got the text from o2 saying my iPhone is now unlocked.

Just put in my order for a giffgaff sim and will then have to sort out the PAC code for my current number.

£10 ftw.

Order one through me and you will get £5 free credit buddy.

Clio 172 Phase 1
Tesco mobile, 30 day rolling sim, £10pm 250 mins 5000 texts and 500mb of data. Extra 2.50 gets you 1gb data. Use the O2 network as well.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Giffgaff trumps that.

£10 a month gets 250 minutes, unlimited data, unlimited texts, free giffgaff to giffgaff calls, free 0800 number calls and no contract. You can also change your tariff monthly IE; have 250 minutes one month and the next you could have 400 minutes. Giffgaff also uses the O2 network.

Pm me if you would like a free sim posting out to you with £5 free credit on.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Tesco mobile, 30 day rolling sim, £10pm 250 mins 5000 texts and 500mb of data. Extra 2.50 gets you 1gb data. Use the O2 network as well.

Mine is Tesco £10 month 12 month sim only
500 mins
5000 texts
500 data
On 02

cant fault it or there customer service

If 3 signal is good in your area you can get £53.33 cashback if you take out the 12 month Sim 300 sim only. You get

300 minutes
3000 texts
1GB data
£3 optional addon for unlimited data.

Without the addon (guessing 1GB would be OK for you) it works out at £5.55 per month.

Clio 172 Phase 1
Mine is Tesco £10 month 12 month sim only
500 mins
5000 texts
500 data
On 02

cant fault it or there customer service

Can get a 12 month sim at the moment for 12.50 with 750 mins 5000 texts and 1GB data.

I work in a Tesco Phone Shop, customer care are spot on tbh.

I've just been doing a bit of looking and Virgin seem to offer the best Sim Only deals.

1200 minutes, unlimited texts, 1gb interenet for £12pm, seems to be much better than anything else out there with Tesco being the second best

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My tesco is epic, 30 day contract, 500 mins, unlimited data and texts for £10

Audi A5
I can't wait til my contract runs out, gouldy you will be getting a pm, giffgaff seems to be the best atm.

So basically buy a phone, and get a sim free contract with the likes of tesco?

Either that or use the phone you currently have.
You get better tarrifs and are not tied in to long contracts, so if you are happy with your current phone or can pick one up second hand then it works out a lot cheaper.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've always found it cheaper doing it this way, done it for years.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Even after buying the phone you want?

Iphone 4s = 500
24 months at £10 = £240
= £740
£740/ 12 = same as £30 a month over 2 years.

Try Find a contract With free iPhone 4s and 500 mins with unlimited texts and data for £30 a month.