ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Sub Speaker Settings.

Renault Clio 05
Just fitted some new speakers in the front and a sub in the boot.. i have these settings to play with:

Low : -10 to +10 db
Mid: -10 to +10 db
Hi: -10 to +10 db
Sub: -10 to +10 db

I have been messing around with these changing them all to different numbers and it dosent sound that great. Which would be the best settings to have with a sub.. i dont want it to sound balanced, so you hear the music and also the bass in the background

Listerine & Poledo
There's no one answer to this.

Depending on your speakers, amplifiers, sub and headunit, it could be anything. And one persons "Perfect" is another persons "WTaF???"

Also, the music you listen to will have an effect to how you set it up.

More importantly though, cut low-end to your speakers (high pass filter) and leave all bass-work for your sub. That way you'll get the best from both elements.

Trial and error fella, all trial and error

Renault Clio 05
There's no one answer to this.

Depending on your speakers, amplifiers, sub and headunit, it could be anything. And one persons "Perfect" is another persons "WTaF???"

Also, the music you listen to will have an effect to how you set it up.

More importantly though, cut low-end to your speakers (high pass filter) and leave all bass-work for your sub. That way you'll get the best from both elements.

Trial and error fella, all trial and error

Aye.. Cheers for replying mate.