ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Top End Beginners Camera

My friend wants to help take some horsey pics with me and has a budget of up to £700 which needs to include lens/cards etc.

Looking around the newly released 600D etc are just far too expensive.

The D90 is now around £670, which seems a great price to me. I know its been semi replaced by a vastly more expensive camera, but still reckon it can hold its own these days.Plus iFPS seem pretty good when compared to others around this price!
Anything else people would recommend for that kind of budget?

2.2 bar shed.
Second hand 60D. The xxxD's auto focus might be a bit of a limitation when your tracking horses in motion. Dunno, either way the 600d really isnt worth it over the 550d.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Still think the 450D is one of the best "beginners" cameras. Add a 55-250 IS into the mix and she'll be laughing. Should be comfortably under budget ..

I still partially regret upgrading to my 7D. Canon_UK ebay outlet... job done.

Friends bought the 500D after mine, and I wasn't overly impressed. Not sure what the 550D does in comparison to the 500 ?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I liked the D90 hence why i upgraded. Between that and a 550 for a newbie. I would probably go to the Canon as its cheaper.

The D90 has some 3d tracking focus point(only had it 3days) iirc which may be better for horses in motion. Poss something to look at. D90 with 18-55 is 615