ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best video editing software (free)

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys.
Just bought a laptop and need to edit videos.
Most are recorded in 1080p and some 720p.
Mainly trimmed down to 2-5 min videos but need to be able to upload to youtube etc quickish... if thats possible.
Let me know whats out there!

Cheers guys.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
If it's just cutting, adding text etc then Windows movie maker will be more than capable.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah have used that before. Was just wondering if there was anything else.
Have found a few now but wmm is probably best for what its needed for.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Just a bump on this.

Anyone recommend any good video editing software that’s free? I want to improve my Warzone and some other (track day) editing on my videos and feel a bit restricted with what’s available on Microsoft photos.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just a bump on this.

Anyone recommend any good video editing software that’s free? I want to improve my Warzone and some other (track day) editing on my videos and feel a bit restricted with what’s available on Microsoft photos.
You get 7 days free with Lightworks, then register to simply extend your ownership. As per usual with stuff like this, you pay for more features and functionality - but the basic freebie might be up to the task?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm currently using Final Cut Pro but the license expires soon.

Keep getting recommended DaVinci Resolve which I think I'll try in the new year.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Cracked version of PowerDirector would be my shout. Dead simple and easy to use.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Just a bump on this.

Do you stream or upload to YouTube?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I use FCPX but I’ve also heard really good things about Davinci Resolve, Oli.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Bump for this - anyone got any suggestions?

Looked into Resolve and PowerDirector, but both seem to be 64-bit only, which isn't much good for me.