ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best way to get rid of swirl marks?

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Paint Correction to get rid of them / improve how they look

Or use a polish with fillers like SRP to help mask them a bit

a low one
whats this paint correction? and i do jet wash anyway, ill give the 2 bucket method a go, heard of many people using it so worht a try i guess

Barge
whats this paint correction? and i do jet wash anyway, ill give the 2 bucket method a go, heard of many people using it so worht a try i guess

It won't get rid of the swirls, it'll just help prevent new ones. Make sure your wash mit is completely clean - i.e no trapped dirt or grit which can swirl more. (I usually throw mine in the washing machine with some powder each time I've washed the car.)

To get rid of the swirls already on the body work (depending on how bad) will either take a LOT of effort by hand - which will only improve it slightly, or you can find either someone on here who can machine polish or use a rotary to get the swirls out or buy a kit and have a go yourself - which will probably improve it quite a bit. Whatever the polisher doesn't get out, SRP can hide.

After that it is a case of maintaining it, making sure whatever you use to wash/dry the car is as free from dirt/grit as it can be.

Hope this helps.

R26
dont use a sponge, they hold the grit/dirt you just washed off on their surface, try a washing mitt

btw thats how to prevent so my post isnt even worthwhile :eek:

DCi 100
I would like to resubmit my answer.

Me.

I'd +1 this.

After a good polish up and protection, I reckon a car could probably last a year without looking bad at all given it avoided.

His old car ^ hasn't changed much except some extremely light straight defects in the paint since last September!

Swirl removal, y0

burnout60lt2bg.jpg

Nimbus Megane R26
On my BG182 i did the following:

Get JD to machine polish it. lol

But seriously.
2 big buckets with a grit guard in them so the stones and muck fall below the grit guards and cant be picked up again by the washmitt's

2 good washmitts not some crappy thing from halfords. (one for top half of car that dont get too much sh!t on it and one for bottom of doors etc where the crap builds up below the bullet mouldings). Always rinse the mitt's out before and after to reduce the amount of crap trapped in them.

Soak the car before hand and try blast the crap before you even touch the paint, dont blast directly into stone chips though as you may feck up your paint.

Open ended hose the car down after you washed it and the water will sheet off.

Pat dry with a good quality drying towel (pls pls pls not a synthetic leather etc)

Worked for me anyway chap :)