ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

big problem with engine, nearly stalling,

Punto Evo Abarth
hello, i was coming home from work today and i set off and my car was nearly stalling (ideling lower than normal) and when you reved it a bit, the revs dropped then gained, then itwould drop below normal idle speed, it seemed to only do it when it was cold, i thought the choke wasnt coming on? would i be right in thinking this? thanks for your help.

Punto Evo Abarth
it has happened before, once, but usual it dont, ive had no end of problems with this car, ive had it for about 5 months and had to take it back about 6 times!!! its under warrenty its just anouying that i start kangerooing down the road nearly stalling and it makes it look like i cant dirve lol

Clio 172 ph1
my 172 was doing something similar and then it would clear up and be ok

IVE now changed the lamda sensor and all is ok now it starts drives well i was getting to the point of chopping it in but as a last chance for the car and im glad i did the sensor from the stealers was extortionate mone but got a part used from rentech

THANKYOU RENTECH quality service :)

mk2 ph1
Few of my friends have had this issue with their cars but its normally as their cars are older and its a problem with the exhaust.

With the exhaust gases escaping somewheere leading to the car not have enough back pressure which tends to make the car idle lower