ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bikes!

Freebone and Freebone Snr. introduced me to the world of motocross today. Despite having no interest in bikes whatsoever it was amazingly good fun, and as a bonus I had one of my most productive days photographing since I took up the hobby.

Gallery here: http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/2917252

157159395-L.jpg

157159583-L.jpg
157170019-L.jpg

157174636-L.jpg

157174834-L.jpg

157170204-L.jpg
157159541-L.jpg

157159524-L.jpg

Suzuki Ignis
Nice pictures. silhouette(sp?) one is my fav.
Out of interest, wht type of account do you use for your website? Quite lke it, nice and clean and simple. Great picture up there to!

Last edited:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
dam you chris........i uploaded mine last night so will probably edit them and upload them on here this evening.......

most productive day since starting hey - glad you enjoyed it

dam you chris........i uploaded mine last night so will probably edit them and upload them on here this evening.......

most productive day since starting hey - glad you enjoyed it

Yeah I loved it, so much fun. Got back from watching Pirates at 12:30 and thought I would take a quick look, ended up going through them until 2:30 as I was so pleased with them :)

Top stuff, 3rd pic is my favourite. Your head was scarily close to those bikes when you were taking those ones :)

I've just run the pics through an EXIF viewer and it says ISO1600, is that right?!

If so my tip would be to bring that down considerably. Other than that they are pretty good, I wouldn't expect you to find too much more out of the kit lens for that sort of photography. The last two panning shots are cool, considering the speed they were going at that point they are exactly as I would expect them to look, second to last is my favourite now I've had a good look.

D

dick

was the second yet f pics with a p&s? if there not im so sorry!

first set of pics look a totally different quality set altogeyther

ISO 1600?! should be able to use 100 with that light level!

was the second yet f pics with a p&s? if there not im so sorry!

first set of pics look a totally different quality set altogeyther

ISO 1600?! should be able to use 100 with that light level!

Cameras are pretty much identical (first set: Nikon D50, second set: Canon 350D), difference is the lens in use...

- First set was with a Nikkor 80-200mm 2.8 AF-S (say goodbye to £1200+)
- Second set was with the 350D kit lens which only stretches to 55mm and isn't very fast

I've also been shooting motorsports for about 18 months now, ph-reebone was using his camera for the first ever time.

Damn good effort in my opinion, you should see my early efforts, he's already about 6 months further on than I was!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
lol....trying to boost me in the thread chris.....

not so sure myself....and to answer the questions yes it was 1600iso, i have alot to learn yet,

dick i appreciate chris's being a totally different set, i am not trying to compete in any way, as said it was the first use of the camera, the lense was way to small also, a pain in the arse