ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kona N tested flat out on track - plus some sensible stuff

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
We’ve a new video review live on YT, but this time it features the Hyundai Kona N. Which, despite being a crossover, is one of the most fun and engaging sub-£40k driver’s cars on sale. No joke.

It can do the crossovery stuff well enough, but what amazed me was its ability to hammer around a track all day long. I mean, it’s a bloody crossover!

Not only do we have a full video review here:

We also have a flat-out, against the stopwatch lap:

Note the way this thing c***s a wheel like a 182!

Likes, shares and of course subs all massively appreciated. Hope you enjoy the video :)

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Aha - I didn't know that "c***s" was a swear word. I feel like Simon from the Inbetweeners when he met Tara's parents..

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
Enjoyed watching your review Sam, One of the best Renaultsport uk track days was the last one @ Rockingham.

Seems a waste of a circuit, with the popularity of track days currently there must be money in it to re-open it.

I have a I 20N on order so hopefully it will live up to all the hype.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Enjoyed watching your review Sam, One of the best Renaultsport uk track days was the last one @ Rockingham.

Seems a waste of a circuit, with the popularity of track days currently there must be money in it to re-open it.

I have a I 20N on order so hopefully it will live up to all the hype.
It absolutely will!

😝

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
The i20 N (along with the Kona N) is so great at putting the power down that my drives have convinced me to have a Quaife LSD fitted to the Clio this year - and a new set of front tyres :LOL:

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
It's all clear of cars now - evidence can be found on the above videos and others on the same channel :LOL:

It'll remain that way so long as I can make this YT thing work, so any support is much appreciated.
Was it cleared because of the lack of new cars coming through? I assume with used car prices going up, the carpark was suddenly worth many £££ more!

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Was it cleared because of the lack of new cars coming through? I assume with used car prices going up, the carpark was suddenly worth many £££ more!
It was cleared as soon as cinch bought it - the cars in the old 'carpark' pics are those of the former owner. I'm optimistic it'll never need to be used that way again because of the enormous amount of land cinch already has access to, some of which is only a stone's throw away in Corby!

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
It was cleared as soon as cinch bought it - the cars in the old 'carpark' pics are those of the former owner. I'm optimistic it'll never need to be used that way again because of the enormous amount of land cinch already has access to, some of which is only a stone's throw away in Corby!
Ahh - I hadn't realised it had changed hands. I wonder if they will look to open it up for track days and testing?

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Ahh - I hadn't realised it had changed hands. I wonder if they will look to open it up for track days and testing?
That would be a dream, and there's plenty of support for it internally. But the track needs a lot of work as much of it has started to age quite badly. So we're a long way off that, unfortunately. I suspect there's a higher chance of the circuit one day being available for private events, filming etc