ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bimarco Expert lost FIA Approval

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
You get what you pay for i guess. I personally wouldn't be trying to save a few quid by going for a cheaper brand of seat. Regardless of what certification they have. They are not going to be made with the same standard of materials and to the same high standards as the more "expensive" brands. Horses for courses and all that i guess. Ive seen what can happen to a "cheaper" seat in an accident

172 Rally Car
Iirc nothing to do with the seat, its something to do with the use of some specific side mounts that it was homologated with

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
You get what you pay for i guess. I personally wouldn't be trying to save a few quid by going for a cheaper brand of seat. Regardless of what certification they have. They are not going to be made with the same standard of materials and to the same high standards as the more "expensive" brands. Horses for courses and all that i guess. Ive seen what can happen to a "cheaper" seat in an accident
Oh, you mean like Recaro, with their faulty Pole Positions lol:
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=1469289&mid=0&nmt=Recaro Pole Position and SPG Homologation withdrawn

clio 172, bmw
I have these Expert seats in my impreza rally car, brand new never used. The reason they have lost Fia approval is they have been tested with a selection of different side mounts from various suppliers. In some cases the seats haven't met the fia guidelines, so Bimarco have withdrawn them from Fia approval.
However, the seats are to be 're branded as Expert 2 in the next few weeks, to be used with Bimarcos own side mounts and will again be Fia approved. If you have old expert seats, they are going back to the factory, tested, relabeled with new stickers and sent back to the customer - with guidelines to use certain mounts to get fia/msa approval.
But, Bimarco are being very slow on existing seats so I've had the MSA on their case since last week, to get this sorted