ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bird poo problem

Nikon D700
OK, I was silly, and left some bird crap soaked into the bonnet of my car for too long!

Now there's constant marks on the bonnet no matter how hard I clean.

A mate (Serg) had a go at it with the P.C. - The rest of the bonnet is amazing, but i still have the bird crap marks...

Any ideas?

Like i said, sergs got a P.C. and almost every product under the sun...

Thanks

Sounds like its etched the clearcoat really deep. If the PC and a decent abraisive polish isnt enough to remove the defect a rotary and cutting compound is the last attempt before resorting to need a repaint.

Black 172 MK2
we didnt use anything too strong. i used a DAS green pad with some sonus swirl removal. Was going to try poorboys ssr2.5 on a an orange pad but we didnt have time.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Bird crap is evil stuff. I sometimes can't avoid it where i park at work and my cars paint is constanly getting minor etching from it even though i remove it as soon as i get home. It's actually the reason i bought a PC, to sort out some bird crap damage.

Here's an example of the damage to mine, yours sounds like its probably gone too far to be removed with the PC though.

Before (after using Megs ScratchX by hand without much improvment):
etchingbefore1.JPG

After PC'ing with ScratchX:
etchingafter1.JPG

Skoda Fabia vRS
Serg said:
we didnt use anything too strong. i used a DAS green pad with some sonus swirl removal. Was going to try poorboys ssr2.5 on a an orange pad but we didnt have time.

AFAIK the Sonus Swirl Remover isnt very strong at all, the SFX-1 or SFX-2 are stronger, cant find the abrasive chart at the moment

i think you would have some joy with the SSR2.5 and orange pad, that should shift it

106 GTi
If it is really deep and wet sand and polish will be the only thing that may sort it providing you have enough clear to work with.

As Brun said the Sonus is mild, SSR 2.5 and a cutting pad at least will be needed for deepre defects.

Rich said:
If it is really deep and wet sand and polish will be the only thing that may sort it providing you have enough clear to work with.

As Brun said the Sonus is mild, SSR 2.5 and a cutting pad at least will be needed for deepre defects.

u would know best .........................:cool:

106 GTi
kullycliosport said:
u would know best .........................:cool:

Dont even start on that curse, it got shat on on saturday before I had even finished waxing it!

Please lift the curse!

Rich said:
Dont even start on that curse, it got shat on on saturday before I had even finished waxing it!

Please lift the curse!

pmsl..................specially wid fcs around the corner:quiet:

Octavia VRS
I've found bird s**t to be a real problem this year. Even my dad has said he's been getting a lot of crap on his car. It's fooking annoying!